This Disappears When Logged In

Vinegaroon Problems!

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by zoovettech, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoovettech

zoovettech New Member

We have a vinegaroon here at the zoo I work at. It's abdomen has been very bloated for a few weeks. It's been housed alone, so it shouldn't have eggs. But just in case it does, is it possible for vinegaroons to be egg-bound? Is there something we can change (like substrate, humidity, etc.) to help it lay the eggs? It is currently on moist potting soil. Is there something else that can cause bloating? We are stumped here. Oh, and it also doesn't have it's tail. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I am not experienced with vinegaroons, but can you tell us a little more about the habitat, temperatures and habits of it so that when someone more knowledgeable comes along they can get right down to business.

3. sadiemcbeth

sadiemcbeth New Member

Hello, I am a zookeeper and I am caring for a vinegaroon with a problem very similar to the one you posted about. I know it was a couple years back and you may not even be an active user now, but on the off chance that you are could you please let me know what happened and what you were able to learn about the situation. I'm a big tarantula person but the vinegaroons are all new to me and I just inherited one in my section that is getting very swollen and is missing its whip. Any information you have would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you!

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The original poster has not been back since 09. You might get more response by posting your question in a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.