This Disappears When Logged In

Vet Vist

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by tink, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tink

tink Elite Member

My male Veiled, whose 10 months old, has been acting very different here lately. He don't drink as much(but hes not dehydroated) and is picking about eatting. Hasn't shed for awhile. And he has been doing great these past few months. I'm so paranoid that he'll ever get MBD. I have a basking light and a red light for at night since it gets cold in my room. I also have the UV one, which is only 4 months old right now. I powder his crickets about twice a week. Maybe I'm doing the right vitamins though. He chews slowly now. He doesn't have any legs looking werid with his bones. He has some plumpness to a leg, but it's not broken. Or like anything I have seen online pics of. And the werid thing is, he let me pet/touch him a lot last night. Which he never does, so I know he isn't feeling well. I have to take a rabbit into the vet this week for a teeth trimming and I'm going to take my Cham along with me. Which I should, right? The closest day to get him in with the reptile vet I like is Thursday. How do I go about taking him? It's 30*F around here now. Heat packs? I don't want to really stress him out.

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

The disposable hand warmers work well, but don't let him come in direct contact with them. Put them in a towel inside a critter keeper and you should be fine. If it's real cold I usually wrap the critter keeper in a beach towel as well.

3. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

Yeah, a vet is in order..
    Asides heat packs and a towel I would also suggest warming up your vehicle before putting the animal in.
    Good luck,
    Zane

4. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Any news on the vet visit?

5. tink

tink Elite Member

Hello. Yes, I got news. Sorry so late. But I did take my Cham in the next day. The vt laughed at me. *lol* He said no way does he have MBD. I guess I was just paranoid. I took him in a critter keeper with some branches, heat pack, and towel. When I lifted the towel and lid for the vet to see him in came zooming out reaching for anything and everything. My vet said he wouldn't even be able to reach that good if he had MBD. He got my Cham to stand in a few poistions to see his strength. Hes around 10months old now and he said he wa a perfect size. A lil cubby looking, but it was fine. He said his plumpness on his legs were normal with him growing right now. If it was MBD it would be pure broken and then showed me some pictures. His colors were fine and he said it was the best looking Cham he'd since in months around here. So, I'm happy now. :) Better safe then sorry.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats great to hear! :D

7. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Thats great news, so glad everything is ok with the little guy, bet your sooo relieved, we want pics now :D

8. tink

tink Elite Member

Actually I do have one picture of him. It's red from the light he has on at night. But here he is...

[​IMG]

9. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Awww, he looks real cute, need to see more pics :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.