This Disappears When Logged In

Very Shocking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mld, Apr 29, 2010.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

2. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Well dang! "High end" herps? Yeah right! Scary!

3. Midori

Midori Elite Member

That's just scary and wrong. I feel sorry for the animals they shouldn't have to live with such sucky people.

4. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

That is absolutely DESPICABLE! Even knowing that things like this happen, it's so hard for me to understand the kind of depravity a person must have in order to do something like this.

5. FXL5

FXL5 Well-Known Member

What am I missing? They seem to be a hyperactive breeder with bad advertising...

6. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

Did you read the second part? Not only are their breeding animals kept in deplorable conditions, but they're feeding cats and dogs to their snakes!

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I couldn`t see the second link, but I`m not sure what the breeder meant by saying they will ship any snake to any state, no matter what the obstacles now or in the future. Does that mean in spite of any local laws that prohibit the keeping of these animals??

8. jeepguy

jeepguy Elite Member

I always play the part of the skeptic. Has anyone ever heard of these guys before this? It looks like well orchestrated propaganda to me. The cover page is just way to blatant IMO. I have never seen any breeders advertise like this. I am not saying it isn't real, but I would say more research needs to be done before people get all PO'ed. If it is real boycotts should be put out for whoever is buying from them. This is the problem with poor breeders. If this is real I am disgusted.
    Gary

9. FXL5

FXL5 Well-Known Member

I can't actually see the second link, so I didn't realise what was going on. Just saw all the blatant and bad advertising.

10. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

It's one thing to breed rodents and fowl to feed your snakes, but your neighbors cats and dogs??? Perhaps, that's why they call those hybrids cateaters.

And the lady who gave them the doberman, and then she re-sold it for $300? I can understand the outrage - she thought she was giving them a pet, but what exactly are the laws surrounding online animal sales (the second article claimed it was illegal)

11. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

I will say this, the person or person that runs high end herps is well... I cant say here. Just google some info on them. :)

Also whats wrong with feeding cats and dogs? You would be infact helping the pet population...Like Bob Barker wants. People have free kittens all the time. Circle of Life...

12. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I have no issue withe the actual feeding of cats and dogs - it's the feeding of cats and dogs that belong to other people. I would be ****ed if someone fed my cat to their snake!

True enough, there are tons of ferals, and they need someplace to go, at least they would be put to good use (though I would question how "high end" these herps really are, after eating ferals of unknown disease content. I wonder if they pre-killed the cats/dogs before feeding to avoid injury to the snakes?) Ferals are one thing, but not people's pets.

13. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Id rather use neighborhood kids before peoples pets though. Thats just me.
    Lol

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

lmao - My neighborhood is full of kids - the kind that shriek like they are being axe-murdered for no reason. Have any large, hungry constrictors?

15. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

LOL - count me in here too.. although there are only a few, so I would just need to 'borrow' the large, hungry constrictor for a few feedings...;)

16. Flint

Flint Elite Member

I have heard of them before this. I immediately recognized the site from a random search I was doing a few months back. Back when the python ban was first being talked about, I read something in the press about people fearing the African Rock Python and Burmese Python would hybridize into a "super snake" that could eat people. Random curiosity lead me to do a google search on the possibility of hybridization of these two species. High End Herps and their "cat eater" is what I found. Supposedly they are the first in the world to cross breed these two snakes. Now of course after seeing the second link in this thread I realize it would be unwise to trust anything I ever saw on that site.

I agree with Dragoness, if you have a snake of appropriate size and a dog or cat that has no other place to go or home to take it in (ie: feral that is free of disease or perhaps an unadoptable animal) then I would have no problem feeding it to that snake. But stealing peoples pets is completely wrong. Just as wrong as someone stealing your corn snake because their cat seemed bored and needed a new toy.

17. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

After reading the article, I went and googled them, and much of what came back was the same news on other forums from local people who were part of the Louisiana reptile club (LARK) and affiliated wildlife groups who actually were there doing the confiscating and transporting of the animals.

The people who did the rescuing said it was atrocious: Most of the animals were living in their own feces (mammals and reptiles alike), many of the snakes cages had rodent remains also, not fresh ones either. None had heat, and there was no running water - the people were using an open latrine bucket! Apparently, the stink was overwhelming.

Most of that was inferred from the article we read though.

I'm glad the snakes were confiscated - I just hope they can go back and get the rest that are technically "legal" and shut these trashy people down once and for all.

18. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

For those that can't read the article:

19. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Michele

20. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

Just my 2 cents worth!

Although I do feel that if humainly euthanized cats, dogs and such, that happen to be favorites of the majority of society that are going to be put to sleep anyway could be used for the purpose of feeding to a reptile.
    But I feel we need to be real careful on how hard we promote this. No matter how you look at it the furry lovers are not going to like it and we need to start getting them to back us a bit. We have come along way, but we still have a longer way to go and alienating [sp?] them against us wouldln't help.