This Disappears When Logged In

Verdi

Discussion in 'Book Suggestions' started by BlackJack, Mar 31, 2011.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Janell Cannon: Verdi
    Harcourt, Inc. Children's Books; 1st edition April 1997 ISBN: 0-15-201028-9

395508126.jpg

This is a really sweet book that every child should have so as not to grow up with a phobia of snakes! FINALLY a story where the snake is NOT the bad guy!!!

This is the story of "Verdi", a baby Green Tree Python who doesn't want to turn green. All of the green adult GTPs seem lazy, boring and rude. Verdi loves his beautiful bright yellow scales and bold markings and decides he simply won't turn green! This causes him all kinds of trouble...

It is a BEAUTIFULLY illustrated "children's" book: one that adults can appreciate too. (Especially HC adults!!!) It even has some educational "snake notes" in the back.

It's a real gem! (I even thought of re-naming one of our GTP babies "Verdi"!)

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Sweet! A definite must have in all herp lovers homes!
    Thanks

3. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

I got a copy of this from the auther back in the day, had to save it when my daughter tossed out all her "kiddy" books.

4. annarawrr

annarawrr Elite Member

How lovely! My mom recently wrote a children's book about a baby iguana who got bullied by the neighborhood cats for being different, but he ended up saving the bully's life one day by giving the cat shelter in a storm. We need more books like these!

5. jtlewis

jtlewis Well-Known Member

I will definitely check out this book for my wife and kids. My 5 year old daughter hates snakes.

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Love it! I'm going to start looking for it. My daughter likes snakes since she's always seen mine and now with the little BP she started getting a little supervised hands on.

7. bigboas

bigboas Elite Member

I will deffanitly have to find it for my daughter. She loves the snakes at home and is always wanting to hold them, thanks for the lookout on the book!

8. BlackJack

It's really a sweet story, but honestly the illustrations impressed me most. They are REALLY beautifully done and the book is just a joy to look at. :)

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I just put it in the forums book section for approval!:D This will allow members to purchase right from our book section.

10. JoeyG

Already ordered it from Amazon :D

11. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The book is located here: Verdi - Reptile Books

Our book section is attached to our amazon account. Every purchase made directly through the links in our book section donates a few cents to Herp center. While the amount is relatively small it does accumulate.

12. BlackJack

Thanks for that post, Rich. It's good to know you can get a good book AND help HC!! :)

13. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Ya just poked around Amazon and several of the books I want on Sceloporus are out of print (suprise) but still listed grrr...

14. JoeyG

Well it seems as though my wife hadn't ordered it like I thought which means now we can pick it up through the site. Thanks Rich

15. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I use that book for the programs I do with 3-5th grades. I use the Greedy Python (Eric Carle) for the younger kids. I adore that author's work. Stellaluna is another good one - about bats.