This Disappears When Logged In

Veileds Paired Up

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by StoneSour, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoneSour

StoneSour Elite Member

Well my female Veiled Chameleon began showing her receptive coloration yesterday. So today I put her and my male together. Well as soon as I placed them together, my male began his courting. He put off some of his nice bold colors and puffed himself up to make himself look like a big macho guy, lol. Well of course the female found him to be attractive enough and so the mating began.

I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that this mating was successful.

Sorry I didn't get any pics, I didn't want to interupt them.

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Good luck! If you do indeed end up with babies, we will expect pictures. (No excuses. lol)

3. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

That's great! I hope you are successful!

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Congratualtions!
    And we understand about not wanting to bother the happy couple!;)

5. StoneSour

StoneSour Elite Member

Thanks everyone :) I will post tons of pics of babies, if I end up with some;)

Well I definately know shes gravid, with her sporting her gravid coloration. I am hoping they are indeed fertile eggs shes caring though. Here's a pic of her.

[​IMG]

6. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

wow she's pretty

7. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

I've only had a male so I don't know what the receptive colors are or the gravid colors. I'm assuming the blue or turquise colors are the gravid colors. My male shows 3 distinctive wide yellow stripes when pushed beyond his comfort zone.

I wish I had some colors to flash when I'm stressed out at work to tell people to back off, I'm having a bad day! LOL

8. StoneSour

StoneSour Elite Member

Yes the bright contrasting colors coupled with the dark to black background coloration is gravid colors. Receptive colors are a green background coupled with turquise or sky blue flashings. Although sometimes they don't show receptive colors when they are recptive to breeding.

LOL, that would be cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.