This Disappears When Logged In

Veiled, Jackson, or Panther?

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by aromatherapykim, Mar 26, 2014.

1. aromatherapykim

aromatherapykim Elite Member

I've decided I need a chameleon. Which species would you suggest? I love the panthers for their colors but horns and a huge head lump sound excited too. Suggestions?
    Also if I get a baby can I start it in a 24X24x48 for life?

2. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

I think maybe a jacksons could live in an enclosure that size for life, but idk. My veiled is in a 36x24x48 (LxWxH). I'm thinking about building a 48x24x48 for when he is full grown. My veiled is not very friendly, but he is an amazing animal. The best thing about veiled chameleons in my opinion is the price and their larger size. I would love to get a panther too, but they are a bit more pricey.

3. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

As for the size of the enclosure for a baby, it would be fine in a larger enclosure, but it may have more trouble finding food. Also, you may have trouble finding it. You could make a divider, so you can keep it in a smaller part of the enclosure until you are more confident with it's hunting ability.

Here's a pic of the enclosure I built. It was very simple, but I think it is attractive. I stapled the screen to the wood and used a window screen kit for the door by using screws and hinges. Also, I use a humidifier for water/humidity.

xcapzMU.jpg

this was when he was smaller. Now it has a ton more branches and leaves since he is easier to find.

4. Balizar

Balizar Member

Pantherzzz!!! But I am a little bias, if I wasnt it would be a jackson or a Mango Vield

Attached Files:

5. Amadeous

Amadeous Elite Member

I've only owned a panther, but I would still say panther . You can't beat the colors !

6. aromatherapykim

aromatherapykim Elite Member

Panther is what I've been leaning twoards. I've wanted one since I was a little girl. My boyfriend isn't wowed by panthers for some strange reason so I wanted to get other opinions on veiled and jacksons. Hes more Interested in jacksons so I just wanted to get some opinions so we can find a compromise.
    I'm hoping to have a 24X24x48 that can fit an adult.

7. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Ok heres a compromise: Get both!!!!

8. newfiegurl90

newfiegurl90 Member

I own a full size male panther, he is in a 24x24x48 and that will be his life long set up… as long as you out the work in the filling the enclosure he should be fine but nothing smaller :)

9. Amadeous

Amadeous Elite Member

My panther is also in a 24x24x48. As long as everything goes well , that's where he's going to stay :)