This Disappears When Logged In

Veiled Chameleon Sick Lethargic

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Yiannis, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Yiannis

Yiannis New Member

Hello there,
    I have a veiled Chameleon (almost 1 yr old) and it is lethargic with closed eyes all day and not eating 2 days now.
    It is in a medium terrarium with moss substrate vines and fake plants. I have a waterfall inside with 24/7 running water.
    I have a uvb lamp 12h open, temperature around 27-32oC and humidity 45-70% (when it drops I spray)

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Hi there, can you post some photos of the chameleon itself along with its enclosure? How high is the basking temp at? is 27 deg c the ambient temperature? What type of thermometer are you using to measure the temps and how do you measure the humidity?

3. Yiannis

Yiannis New Member

I have two thermometer/humidity meter (one in each side) and another humidity meter(exo terra) in the inside of the terrarium
    I pictured his gums to see if it has infection. but im not sure..
    20150829_122237.jpg 20150829_205122.jpg 20150829_215521.jpg 20150829_215532.jpg
    I know he looks bad but he was all fine 3 days ago... :'(
    Also I was planning to change the moss next week...

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, can you take a photo of the hygrometer/thermometer?
    The photo of the mouth is not very clear (it looks nice and healthy, but it`s slightly blurred), can you take another photo?

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

The humidity range you describe tells me that after you spray it goes to 70% and when it drops to 45% is when you spray.
    Unfortunately stable humidity is required and if you take the average then you're only providing roughly 55% at most times. This is too low.
    I went through this myself when I had veileds and I could be wrong of course but I would highly suspect dehydration has caused some health issues.