This Disappears When Logged In

Vacation

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by SammieLee, Apr 11, 2013.

1. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

We are going away for the weekend and this is the first time we have left our dragons. I know I am worrying way to much but it is what it is. I have someone who is going to come once a day. Most likely early afternoon. So he will give them both greens then. My two year old will be fine without bugs while I'm gone. Our little one (well not so little any more) still eats twice a day. I know it wont hurt him to only eat once a day for 2 days. My question is...we feed him in a separate tub. Is it worth it to have the care taker try to feed him crickets?? This is someone he is not used to and I don't want to cause to much stress. I also can't stand the thought of him not eating for a couple days. I know he might do it on his own but still. Best way to handle feeding for two days??? We are still turning the lights on and off for both of our dragons (my kids like doing it) so we are getting a timer tonight. I know they will be fine. I just worry about stressing them to much. Thanks!

2. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

For days I am sure they will be fine without bugs unless they are like hatchling size. But if you are only feeding them twice daily they will be just fine

3. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

No hatchling size. Smallest is a little over 12 in nose to tip of tail now. Would it be better to have someone try to feed or just leave them alone??

4. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

I would have someone come in once a day, and just give them greens and they should be fine. especially for only 2 days. Then when you get back you can give them insects and not worry about taking any chances =)

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

They will do just fine not eating for two days. Consider when they are shipped across the country.
    I would rather they not be fed than have someone who isn't knowledgeable about them messing with them.

6. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

Good point. We will feed them today before we leave then and just have him put greens in. Thank you for helping me feel better about not feeding them.