This Disappears When Logged In

Uvb Bulb Stuck On While On Vacation?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Maladi3, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Maladi3

Maladi3 New Member

Hi everyone. I have a slight emergency. I swapped out my CWD's(his name is Rockie) UVB bulb before leaving for vacation. I believe that when I did this I did not plug it into the right timer. Upon logging into the webcam i have connected to the enclosure, the UVB light is still on. I am afraid that either the timer may have been accidentally put into bypass. It is also possible the that UVA light is stuck on too. Unfortunately, we are now 1300 miles away from our home and won't be back for 5 days. We are supposed to be driving back. I logged into the webcam a minute ago and he is sleeping on his "sleeping branch" right below the light.

The enclosure is a custom 4ft wide x 3ft deep x 8ft tall.
    The UVB bulb is a Reptisun 10.0 T5-Ho Uvb 24W Fluorescent Lamp, 22"

My question is, will this be harmful to my CWD's health. Is it dangerous to the point where I should buy a ticket home.

This was a huge mistake on our part, we were rushing to make our flight. We have never had this problem before. We tried to find a sitter but were unable too, and we just moved across the country and to be honest, have no friends where we moved too.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It will not cause any long term issues. When you get home get him back on schedule. He may be bit grumpy for a bit.

3. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

It's not ideal obviously but your lizard should be ok. Maybe leave him alone for alittle bit incase he had trouble sleeping while you were gone.