This Disappears When Logged In

UVB Bulb Questions.

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by Logan, Dec 30, 2012.

1. DragonsKeepers

DragonsKeepers Subscribed User Premium Member

Funny how the US product info says something different. So, sorry, but not for the win. 1. on instructions page and also read the first answer to commonly asked questions. Maybe the electrical difference between countries changes the intensity, but I am accurate for the product I have right now.

Attached Files:

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, are these bulbs manufactured in America, or imported? Those instructions make no sense at all, for the reason I stated earlier; if the animal/s can (supposedly) safely get to within several cm of the surface of a 160w Powersun MVB it will receive serious burns!? I wonder if someone has initially misquoted the (original?) instructions, if these lamps are imported to the States and elswhere outside Europe?
    Edit: By the way, the Arcadia MVB instructions state the same as most other brands, that the animal must be a minimum of 30cm (12inches) from the surface of the bulb (although I`m not using it at this moment in time, I do have the Arcadia 160w with instructions).

3. DragonsKeepers

We could again go round and round on this as you seem to do with everyone, but I took those instructions from the 100w bulb I purchased in the last few months. The directions make perfect sense. I'll look to see where they are manufactured later, but I know the Arcadia bulbs are not run off 110 voltage, so again maybe the electrical has something to do with it. I know Arcadia has been unable to produce proper UVB with their MVB on 110 voltage at this point.

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

"Going round and round"? I think it`s very important to try and give reliable info, more especially as most people who join these websites are beginners with little experience. The MVB bulbs emitt a good deal of heat (it`s not all about the ammount of UVB), so the danger of them burning is quite high if they`re placed too close. Perhaps as you say, the reason for the different instructions might be due to the different voltages we are both subject to in our present locations!? ;)

5. DragonsKeepers

I would agree that heat is a factor, but that would be the case with any heat producing bulb.