This Disappears When Logged In

Uth Will Not Get Here Until Friday

Discussion in 'Pythons' started by Kuha, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Kuha

Kuha Member

Hi all,

I have a zoo med UTH for my ball python's terrarium. It started coming off and warping unexpectedly, so I sent it in to take advantage of the manufacturer's warranty so I could get a new one for free. I sent it in and it got there in 2 days. They told me they would get the new one to me ASAP, like within 2 days, but I got the tracking number and the UTH will not be here until Friday or Saturday next weekend! So they either gave me the wrong information or the mail room messed up. I am worried that my ball will go too long without the UTH. I thought a few days would be OK, but maybe it would be worth it to just go buy one from the petstore? Will this be too long with out an UTH? I do not have a heat lamp as the UTH does just fine keeping the tank warm enough. He has been moving around like normal until today - seems more lethargic/less active than usual. I am worried.

Thanks for your help.

2. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

Order an ultratherm heat mat from reptilebasics.com and forget the zoo med mat. The ultratherms won't get hot enough to cook your critter/s if the thermostat fails. You can use aluminum foil tape to attach it to the bottom of the tank if you want.
    If you're worried about heating the tank in the meantime you can use an incadescent bulb desk lamp temporarily. Cover the side of the tank that it will be close to with paper or something to block the light and position the bulb close enough to the glass to warm it up to the proper temp.