This Disappears When Logged In

Uromastyx Cage Plans - Feedback Needed

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by Kristof, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Kristof

Kristof Well Established Member

Hey everyone! So i have really been wanting a new reptile, and have started looking at uro's. I made some enclosure plans and wanted some feedback on if this would work. Its very basic, but you all should get it. Here it is :

Side View :
    Side View.png
    Top View :
    Top View.png

This is in a "Exo Terra Short All Glass Terrarium, 36 by 18 by 12-Inch" terrarium that I will most likely upgrade from when he/she gets bigger. Since I read they are burrowers I thought this would be a pretty cool way to let them burrow but have the structure for the basking spot and dishes. It is all proportionate to how it would be in real life. Let me know what you think! Would really appreciate it :)

kriminaal likes this.
  2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

A couple things I would mention. One is that you don't need a water dish. They get all they need from fresh greens. The exception being females after post-laying.
    The sand area would work well if you glue together layered pieces of slate for them to dig under and placed them on the bottom. Just because sand collapses very easily.
    I would also put a low container in the sand with a small hole in the top for a humid chamber.

3. Kristof

Alright thanks! so for the slate, I'm kinda confused.. Is this what I would do?

Screenshot_1.png

4. kriminaal

5. Kristof

Alright thanks! @Kriminall

6. Kristof

So Would something like this be good? Just a slate (I will add a few more, I just rendered one) Like this ?

Screenshot_1.png

7. kriminaal

As long as they are stacked to create crevices in between. Uros like to be in a tight area for security. They will puff up between the rocks so they can't be pulled out.
    What rendering program is that?

8. Kristof

Alright. I used Cinema 4D

9. kriminaal

Looks cool.

10. Kristof

Thanks!