This Disappears When Logged In

Urgently Need Help And Answers

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by nap0la, Jul 9, 2018.

1. nap0la

nap0la New Member

My leopard gecko Merlin has been experiencing what I thought to be a prolapsed hemipenes. After looking through forums and seeing the symptoms he's been having, I assumed that that is what he was experiencing..
    But I don't believe that to be the case.

I recently left Merlin in the care of my father for a month, and when i returned home one side of his hemipenes had swollen dramatically more and had become reddened. There was a reddish brown scab located right at the base which hadn't been there when I left. After researching, i came to the conclusion that his hemipenes had prolapsed and that the scab was due to lack of moisture. Prior to this he had been having trouble with defecation, and his fecal matter was slightly runny and discolored. (Note that his swollen area was as hard as a rock when pressed gently)
    I cleaned out his tank and replaced the substrate (which was a mat) with moist paper towels. I noticed an hour later that he had pooped and that it looked normal (which made me very happy!). However, after returning to my room an hour later, I found that the scab was gone from his hemipenes and in its place was a hole. What I found on the floor of his tank was a round tissue-colored orb of some sort with the scab attached. From pictures I've seen it looks like a sperm plug however I dont think it should've come from where it did?
    Merlin has been acting normal as usual and has been eating normally as well.
    Does anyone know what happened, or what he could've been suffering from?

I only have the picture of the orb since I'm afraid to handle Merlin due to his open wound (although I'm not sure it's a wound since there is no blood)

Attached Files:

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

No reptile vets here my friend.
    That would be a question for a qualified one.