This Disappears When Logged In

URGENT!! Strange Yet Graphic Cham Question

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by orphia, Dec 4, 2014.

1. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

That's an interesting read, and would explain a lot in this case.

3. orphia

orphia Member

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

5. SebastiansExotics

SebastiansExotics Elite Member

Wow what an interesting case! What is the consensus? That a female layed and the eggs just hatched?

GREAT THREAD!

- - - Updated - - -

Check for more eggs! You may be getting a lot more chams then you bargained for...

6. orphia

orphia Member

That one worked! And I must say after reading it I did poke around in the soil a bit with no luck. After reading the eggs could be as far down as 8 inches. I'm contemplating on removing the plant and monitoring it closely for the next few months considering I'm around the 8 month mark. I'm just completely shocked that little cham survived without monitored incubation haha... To be continued!!

7. orphia

orphia Member

Also wanted an opinion on how to go about this... Do I just let the plant be and watch it or should I dissect the entire plant and look for the eggs? I'm not at all concerned for the plant. I can easily replace it. I'm just curious how many eggs could be in there!!

8. CrazySnakeLady

CrazySnakeLady Elite Member

I would dissect it so you don't get another baby cham like that hopefully

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, if it were me I would leave it as is, if one Chameleon has hatched then the conditions obviously supported incubation, and if there are more eggs are you ready with an incubator set up?

10. orphia

orphia Member

Valid point! Its just like a kid with Christmas gifts haha I wanna knowwww! Lol

11. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Murrindindi brings up a valid point, but I think I would still pull the eggs if any were found and maybe put the incubation containers back in the cage. Not sure if panthers will prey on their own young, but I have seen photos of them eating other smaller chams in the wild. And I probably can't back that up as I can't for the life of me remember where I saw that.