This Disappears When Logged In

Urgent!! Leopard Gecko Fall

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by xXNillaXx, Oct 19, 2017.

1. xXNillaXx

xXNillaXx New Member

I recently inherited an abused leo. He has had prior head trauma. I have no age for him let alone a name. Two days ago I had him out of the cage for feeding(he’s hand fed because of vision issues/vertigo from his past injuries) I placed him on my shoulder like I do with all my other lizards, and he fell topside down on the tile pretty hard. Appeared as if he had a seizure, was flailing around twitching with his mouth open and couldn’t flip over. I left him be until his episode was over then I picked him up and put him back in his tank. I checked on him multiple times in an hour over the next day and throughout the night. He didn’t move at all....but was responsive to touches by twitching as if he wanted to move but couldn’t, his eyes have stayed closed other than a faint crack every once and a while. Fast forward to today 10-19-17 and he is able to walk but keep his head straight up an is wobbly, uncoordinated, his walking just takes him in a big loopy circle, he’s not eating, but will drink water that is dropped onto his nose. I have no idea how to get him to eat or what I should feed him or try to at the current moment. He has reoccurring “siezures” where he shakes and flips onto his back with his mouth agape... I’m really worried about him an I’m trying my best I give him a better life than what he had. I have many other lizards( beardies, leos) also snakes. Any advice you can give to help him out would be great.

2. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Hope by now that he has passed on and is out of his misery and pain.

3. Rori

Rori Member

Yeah, I would definitely take him to an emergency vet because it something very wrong neurologically. I'm not sure what he could really do though, other than making sure he's a little bit out of it so that he's not in pain any longer. So sorry to hear that your little guy's in such rough shape :(

4. xXNillaXx

xXNillaXx New Member

He’s still alive.... i got him to eat a little bit of crushed up mealworms and crickets. I plan on taking him to a vet but I can not afford it for atleast a week...

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, how did you get the gecko to eat?
    I think if the animal already had health problems you should not be carrying it around on your shoulders, that`s an accident waiting to happen.

6. xXNillaXx

xXNillaXx New Member

I rubbed his jaw on the side very softly and got him to open his mouth, and kinda pushed the pieces in his mouth. He’s swallowed them down without hesitation.

7. xXNillaXx

xXNillaXx New Member

He passed away

8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, sorry to hear that, if the lizard was already in poor health not much you could have done, although I do think carrying it (and your other animals) around on your shoulder is a mistake, it`s so easy for an "accident" to happen as in this case.