This Disappears When Logged In

UPDATE: Babies Are Finally Eating!!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by mayhmmaydn, Aug 11, 2013.

1. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

Sorry One is still my favorite. Evvie or Evie? My brain is fried

2. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

eve evie eva.. she doesn't care. as long as she gets to eat!! oh and she started eating greens today and taught some of the others to eat it too!. What a good girl she is. now if I could get her to stop stepping on everyone... sigh

3. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

ok figured out an even better way!! when its feeding time.. those egg crates that I put In my tank for the dubia to gather one? well flip one over.. put the babies on it and let em rip! I was shaking them but they got everywhere and I was having to sweep them up. this works great!! A1ED1DA8-orig.jpg

when they are done they leave. lol B4F61DD7-orig.jpg

the subia stay in the vicinity.. the babies learn to hunt more, and less mess. YAY.. im so glad im lazy. hahahaha. now to get them to stop pooping EVERYWHERE like 8 times a day dang..

Attached Files:

4. preyparade

preyparade Well-Known Member

Great idea.

5. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

these two are usually found together. its so cute. 4D9D7BEB-orig.jpg

Attached Files:

6. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

Happy 1 week birthday Runt.. (on the right) Evie seems to say(on the left) I cant believe its only been a week . will be glad when they hunt on their own lol. so tired of flicking the bugs around lolol. any tips on finding them homes. ZOeys second clutch is down to only 3 eggs. all have movement but at lest that's only 3 more in about a month. I should be trained by then.. yikes.

7. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

DE35D0B0-orig.jpg three stooges or three musketeers..

Attached Files:

8. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

added a new branch to the enclosure. some enrichment.. now they all clammer up there and fight over who is king of the mountain. Well all except Sylvia who runs up.. plows off the end like she is sky diving and then runs up and does it again. Does she think she is Flying or what? Whats the purpose of this? Extra papertowel padding has gone down for my little hellion. ugh.

9. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

DD499676-orig.jpg my little hellion Sylvia

new log they figh over and which Sylvia practices skydiving off of.

A3E00A42-orig.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

I love them! Love them all! Pandora is very pretty. The zig zag one is neat looking too! :)
    Keep those pics coming! You seem to have a lot of activity going on. My girl Angel is not eating yet. She May have eaten two crickets. I had to go away. She seems to be a shy eater for right now. They are either eaten or they are hidden lol. We will see if she poops. :). That's a telltale sign :) she hasn't really eaten anything since I got her on Saturday. I may have to hold the cricket in her face and force her or try the reptiboost. I have to buy some.

Does that have to be ordered or do you get that at the pet store?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  11. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

I ordered mine but then I found it at petsmart or petco also.. cant remember which one. Mine are fat little buggers. Im always feeding them it seems. some are quite violent about it. lol little beasties. Love it. Just wish my dubia colony was providing enough. Tiger Ivy and my local supplier have been so much help getting me going. I couldn't have made it this far. I suggest getting a colony started asap. They don't hardly smell and I haven't had an escape and they are sooooo nutricious!! May

12. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

They are growing so fast!!! I love it!! DE17CBA7-orig.jpg

deffinately eating good. Look at those Bellies!! 2148AC54-orig.jpg

my chunky girl! 93D1CD32-orig.jpg

Attached Files:

13. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

Attached Files:

14. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Oh May your babies are DARLING! Love the pictures

15. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

Thank you. Im totally enjoying them.. other than the mess. heehee. they are so delightful... yup delightful little pooping machines! lol

16. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Everytime I read your title my first thought is "good luck getting them to stop eating..." I will tell you this they just eat more and more and more and more...It never ends!!!

17. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

Thala.. Neither does the pooping. oh my word. I thought their parents poops stunk!! these little buggers are pooping machines! and the size!! holy crap.. well.. almost. haha. The first week was crazy. now things have mellowed out. they trust me but are going thru shedding and being little idiots. Feeding is good. they are fat n sassy. Im a happy mother of dragons. Now to find them homes. I cant wait to be able to sleep in again! lol check the pics on my facebook. they shedded/ing. lol

18. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

they never stop shedding either. I swear as soon as zsaasz is done shedding a body part then grundy starts to shed...then zsaasz...and Oh my does the poop just get worse as they grow. Because you still have like 30piles a day but now the piles are huge! They poop bigger than my adult cwd! and they choose the most inconvienent places to go...like down the rock stack and smeared on the glass...or under the other one so now they need bathes. Or the salad bowl...It never fails as soon as the salad bowl goes in zsaasz runs to eat it and will poo before grundy gets a chance to eat.

19. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Welllllll human babies poop more than adults too. Maybe that's why they have so much energy lol;)

I can't wait till mine poops! She ate a cricket today. One. And two tiny pieces of mango. Hopefully tomorrow she will eat more. Had to hand feed her.

I wish I could buy one of yours, May! They are so fun and cute.

20. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

Sniff sniff... they are growing so fast.. tonight they are all sleeping in different places in the tank. No longer piled together.. No longer under the heat lamp... I tried to take pics but its just scared the snot outta one of them. One I picked up and moved and it was crashed so hard it didn't notice. my babies are getting independent.,. Noooo its too soonnn!! lol