This Disappears When Logged In

Update and Warning

Discussion in 'African Fat-tailed Geckos' started by TitoAndKatt, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Just an update on Barbosa, and a warning to anyone selling or adopting out their pets. As I mentioned in my thread before, I gave him (for free) to some people who were very nice, and experienced. A week later they re-posted him on Craigslist! (In a partial attempt to find me as they had lost my number). When I called them, they said that they had taken him to the vet, and tried and tried but could not get him to eat. Well, they finally got him to eat, and wanted to keep him now. (Can you say fair-weather? I warned them hand-feeding was difficult and time-consuming! If I didn't have so much on my plate already I'd have kept him!)
    Anyways, I found a person in town here who does reptile rescue and contacted them as, when I had first put him up for adoption, they had said that IF no one else could take them, they would. I convinced the people I gave him to to give him to the Reptile rescue people (they could not get him to eat again after the one time and finally agreed that it would be better for him to go to the rescue). The lady who does the rescue is going to call me later after she picks him up this weekend to get all of the info about Barbosa so that she can give him the best of care. She will rehabilitate him until he can eat on his own, and then will give him to a new home with EXPERIENCED owners only and with a pre-adoption house-check to ensure that they have the correct set-up and all that good stuff.
    Anyways, he now has a good place to go that will be the best for him in the long run. :) Moral of the story though: no matter how great a new home may seem, and no matter how good the adpoters' intentions, sometimes it just isn't the best place, and things don't work out. So if you are trying to rehome someone - make SURE it is a good forever home! :)

2. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I am sorry to hear that it did not work out. Poor Barbosa, it can't be good to be moved around like that. I really hope that his ordeal will come to an end and fast. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.