This Disappears When Logged In

Underground Reptiles

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by EriksExotics, Mar 13, 2014.

1. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Has anyone ever bought reptiles from Underground Reptiles? They have Emerald's but I can't find a lot of reviews or info.

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Not since the last time I was in Florida on vacation. Been 2-3 years, but it was well kept when I was there. Never has anything shipped though.

3. EriksExotics

Thank you for the info, Darkbird

4. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Ive never done business with them personally, but they have a very poor reputation.

Probably has more to do with their business model then actual business. They're an importer/wholesaler/flipper that do a ton of business in wild caught imports. So when you buy from them their is no way to know how many times an animal has changed hands, how long its been in the states, has it acclimated well to captivity, ect. Plus with all the animals coming and going their are a lot of opportunities for parasite and disease transmission.

Not saying you can't or shouldn't do business with them, just that their are risks associated with those kinds of operations you should think about.

5. AdamL8

AdamL8 Elite Member

I believe that they also do a lot of breeding CBB animals as well as selling WC ones, Emeralds being one of those animals that they breed if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure that any of their CBB animals are clearly marked on their website.

6. EriksExotics

Does anyone know a reputable Emerald's and/or Chrondo breeder? I will be purchasing two of each sometime this year so I figure I may as well find the best sellers beforehand

Don't care about costs or anything. Just looking for someone professional who holds a positive reputation and has the highest quality animals available

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

If cost is no issue I can refer you to some top end individuals. I would stay away from farm bred as they are often sick and die. Plenty of breeders out there that back their animals and great reps. Stores are usually not the place you want to get either species from. They sale them cheap for a reason and often say they breed them but its in farms in Indonesia, which often sneaks WC in there. Having said this I have personally never dealt with them nor will I though.

8. EriksExotics

I'll pay for the best quality I can find. I'm in a much better job now so my financial abilities have expanded and I'd like to pay for a few nice quality animals. Be sure to refer me to said breeders!