This Disappears When Logged In

Ulysess My Rescue IG

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by dieselmatt02, Feb 11, 2010.

1. dieselmatt02

dieselmatt02 Well-Known Member

It is a very good book so far! I read it last night a little after thumbed through. I'm about 150 pages into now. I'm sure I'll read it a few times.

I'm not worried about the looks, I was more worried about his wounds healing right. Mainly the one on his nose, I could tell the big scab he had was giving him some difficulty eating some foods.

2. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

You're doing great! I'm sure if Ullysses could thank you, He would lick you like a puppy!

3. Ace

Ace Elite Member

He sure is lucky to have you!

4. dieselmatt02

Well his new habitat is finished. I'll bring it home from my shop tomorrow and get a few pictures of it to post here.

5. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

Anxiouse to see it!! :0)

6. dieselmatt02

Well, Ulysess had his first visit to the Herp vet today for a check up and to look at his tail. I came across a very highly recomended vet for iguanas very close to me. So we went in this morning for a check up. Ulysess did well at the vet. He's gained a full pound since my wife and I rescued him. The rest of his health is good too, didn't have a poop to bring in for a check but I have to take him back 2 weeks from now for a follow up on his tail. It's has an infection and a few inches might need to be removed. She (the vet) said it's probably due to his prior treatment before I got him,. He's on anti-biotics 2x a day and has a topical cream to be applied to the snout and the sore on the tail. Have to go get the habitat still and bring it back home from my shop.

7. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

You and your wife are his Heros. Good for you for all the time and care you are spending on him!

8. dieselmatt02

Got some habitat pictures as promised.

Here is Ulysess on the top shelf. He saw me with the camera and got curious. He moved closer to check it out.
    pictures027-1.jpg

Here is the full enclosure. It's 6x4x3, I made it so when he gets bigger I can pull off one wall and attach a similar setup next to it to make the habitat bigger. So far he enjoy's the new space. There is one fake plant in it, I plan on putting a few more in for looks and adding a couple more branches to it. So it's not complete but it's complete enough for U to live in and be comfortable.
    pictures026.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Gojera7

Gojera7 Elite Member

Wow. All I can say is wow.....oh, and FABULOUS.

10. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

I too think it is awesome..
    Sometimes the short depth isn't so bad if the overall length is more than the usual owner provides.. So yours would 6 X 8 X 3 after adding.. That certainly would be a start for tail space!! :0)

11. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Warms the cockles of my heart.

12. dieselmatt02

Thanks!

Actually I made it so I can go taller if need like you said but it also can be made to be deeper with little modifications.

Only thing I wish I would have done was add some small casters on the bottom so I can move it easier to clean behind it.

The wife and I feel the same after rescuing him. Gave both of us a good feeling afterwards. Felt good to do something like that for the poor guy!

He has his follow up at the vet on Tuesday. He looks like he gained some weight over the last 2 weeks. He is pooping regularly now, usually 2x a day now. When we first got him the poops were once every couple days.

13. dieselmatt02

U had his follow up at the vet this morning. His infection and sores on his tail are gone and the tail has grown a little. He's put on about a pound in two weeks, since his last visit. The vet is very impressed and happy with how healthy and how well he is doing. He's doing good, he was a little mad today after we got back from the vet. He doesn't like the car ride or being at the vet very much.

We had warm and sunny weather today. He got a couple min to bask in the natural sun on the deck rail today. It felt warm outside today, and the deck rail felt hot from the sun. He enjoyed the short time in the warm sun today. Probably won't have anymore outside time till the temps stay warm. Tomorrow will be warm here but it's gonna drop in the the 50's and 40's over the next week. I'm thinking of making him an outdoor habitat so when the wife and I are outside during the summer we can have him out there with us to enjoy the sun.

14. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Greetings Matt-

You're doing a great job with him! He's a very lucky iguana to have found you.

Perhaps you want to recommend the vet on our listings page?

Good luck and green thoughts!

15. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

small diameter rope wrapped around a limb! That's excellent! I never thought of that one!
    I suppose the poop has to be cleaned off on a regular basis. Mine goes everywhere.

16. dieselmatt02

Thanks!

Actually I did a recomendation on the vet listings tonight right before I updated my thread.

17. dieselmatt02

The poop isn't too bad to clean off, he misses the limb about 95% of the time. He usually "ariel bombs" the bottom level from his shelf up top!

18. dieselmatt02

I have some good new pictures of U, his habitat, and him freeroaming recently that I need to upload. Ulysess is doing very well, the scar on his leg is showing new scale growth and the tale is growing too.

I need to figure out how to keep him from going after his relection in the glass in his habitat doors. he keeps running into them lately.

19. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

That's great news that he is continually getting better chimp-thumbs-up2.gif

As for the glass, you can put tape, indoor/outdoor carpet, newspaper, anything that won't reflect would be ok.

Attached Files:

20. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

Tis the Season!!!:D:D