This Disappears When Logged In

Ultrasonic Fogger

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by jdandlucy, Jan 12, 2013.

1. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I am curious about this as well, I want one for my CWD cage. i assume they are as I have seen them sold at reptile shows.

3. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

i am just worried if the snake is bathing when it turns on if their is any disturbance or hazard for shock.

4. chawk

chawk Banned User

i was wondering that as well for my cwd leo. they use sonic vibration to pump the water in and out so i think the are fine.

5. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

standard foggers of this type run 1.4-1.6 mhz. that is 1600-1800 cycles a second. that is my concern. will this cause any disturbance to the animal.

6. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

Found the information i have been looking for. Unless the fogger/mister you buy is specifically marked for use with reptiles/ amphibians DO NOT USE IT AROUND YOUR PETS. these all contain lead and Teflon.

7. Heidi01

Heidi01 Active Member

I bought a very effective ultra sonic humidifier from maplin list price is £29.99 only down side need to configure some way of getting the mist into the vivariums

8. uncertainsky

uncertainsky Elite Member

That's looks just like the exo Terra fogger, minus the LEDS. So as long as the animal can't come into direct contact with the top then you should be ok.

9. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

I agree ^ - it should be safe to use as long as your animal can't come into contact with it. The vibrating disc on top of it gets very hot, and the vibrations itself are uncomfortable to the touch.

10. uncertainsky

uncertainsky Elite Member

I thought of a cool way to use these small foggers without the exo Terra waterfalls. Take a small Tupperware bowl big enough for the unit to be in with water covering it and get velcro with the sticky back and put it on the bowl and some on the side of an enclosure, so the bowl will be attached to the wall. Then cover the bowl with a screen that won't allow hands or claws to go through. And since these use water at a good rate, get a water dripper bowl to drip water into the fogger bowl so it won't go dry and break.

Make sense?

11. RomanLA

RomanLA Elite Member

I purchased a Safety First Ultrasonic Humidifier at Target (baby section) on the recommendation of others using them for large water dragon enclosures. I didn't end up needing it in mine, but the one time I tried it, it worked very well and put out a nice fog.