This Disappears When Logged In

Uh Oh, New Project Bug

Discussion in 'Herp Habitat Construction' started by kriminaal, Feb 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Found this awesome idea on sketchup warehouse. Of course the lights sitting on top are wrong.
    But this would be a great paludarium I've always wanted to tackle.
    Would be pricey though.
    tank_zps82zpbcge.png

oakensiren and Darkbird like this.
  2. oakensiren

oakensiren Well-Known Member

Wow, looks awesome

3. kriminaal

My wife wasn't impressed. I believe she said the word no a few times,lol

4. oakensiren

Thats kind of how i want mine, but the fish tank being o the right instead of on the front and not reaching the floor. Good thing about living in mexico is that everything (excluding the lights) was around 1000 dls

kriminaal likes this.
  5. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Looks like a really cool project, but needs some things worked out. First issue I see is having enough light penetrate from above to have live plants in the tank. A wet/dry filter could be hidden in the space below the land area, so no huge problem there. And the lighting issue could probably be fixed by adding a cap over top of that area. I could see myself going nuts on something like this.

kriminaal likes this.
  6. kriminaal

Bit of a pipe dream right now. Daughter is in braces $$$$.
    I wonder what the water clarity could be though if I setup up an aquaponics system.
    That's something I have been toying with as well.
    To be honest with my woodworking experience, the cabinet would be the most fun part for me.

Another thought, is that with a tank heater I wonder how that would improve overall humidity.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It would likely raise humidity. I know years ago when I kept fish my house was always humid. But I had 35 aquariums.
    As for aquaponics, I'm not sure what you mean but the Europeans have been using what is called a Leiden system for years where there is no aeration or filtration. Just heavily planted tanks with a few fish. The photos I have seen had good water clarity. But I think the lighting would be tricky.

8. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

I think I'd end up going waaaaaay overboard with a project like this. Probably to the point of having to make a plan for breaking it down if it ever needed to move.

kriminaal likes this.
  9. oakensiren

Found this one on fb and instantly tought of this thread.
    FB_IMG_1551335005943.jpg

10. kriminaal

Deluxe aquarium. Not even sure if there are any reptiles above or just growing orchids or something.
    Still, looks great.