This Disappears When Logged In

Tx Spiny Lizard Not Eating?

Discussion in 'Lizards - General' started by MeaninsMommy, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Tokage

Tokage Member

I don't think that they were eating the bloodworms, because as far as I'm concerned, they were out long before the incident. Somebody dumped them there by accident, and just because a bunch of annoying crickets were crawling all over the pile, doesn't mean they were eating it.

2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Crickets will eat anything just about, even each other if hungry.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

What He said!
    A bunch of crickets can even strip an anole down to the bone! I've seen it happen.

4. Leolove

Leolove Active Member

Wow! I'm glad I found this article. Turns out there are like five or so Texas spiny lizards that roam my back yard. My father and I have decided to name all of them Fred so that if our cat brings one in we yell Fred. He sits there until we pick him up and place him in a tree. One female has a nub for a tail and bloody scars along her stomach because of our cat.
    Sorry that my information isn't useful, just thought I would mention it.

5. Leolove

Leolove Active Member

This little girl has coincidentally been chased to my house by my kitten just today. So I grabbed her and placed her here for photos. I will be placing her outside shortly. image.jpg also what would be pros and cons of breeding her and a Leo?

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Do you mean trying to breed them to each other?
    It won't happen.

7. Leolove

Leolove Active Member

Thank you! My mind roams around a million words per second so when i had this thought I had to ask. And I apologize for being off topic. Oh and it is a male but his blue was realllyyyy faint and hard to see. But he's outside now