This Disappears When Logged In

Turtle

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by Jessica90, May 7, 2012.

1. Jessica90

Jessica90 Elite Member

What are some substrates you can use in Yellow belly slider tanks ?

2. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

is this to be used indoors or outdoors

3. Jessica90

Jessica90 Elite Member

its a 55gal tank.

4. methos75

methos75 Elite Member

Its best to use none in a tank

5. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

i agree with methos nothing

6. Jessica90

Jessica90 Elite Member

i have non right now but it just sucks i cant keep the plants down and thats wht the fish hide in so trying to figure out a substrate

7. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

When I had my red ear slider I had nothing on the bottom, It was so easy to clean.
    To make the plants stay down buy some river stones(dollar stores usually have them), some caulking(not the stuff that is mildew resistant thats toxic) and caulk some rocks to the bottom of the plants, let dry/cure for 3 days and they will never float again.

8. Jessica90

Jessica90 Elite Member

oh man i love that Idea !!! how bad of a idea to u think itd be to put some floating pond plants in it she likes to sit on her plants that float to the surface and i mean there pond turtles so it wouldnt hurt her .....

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

The floating live pond plants are good for them, they will eat them too. I had hornwart and duck week in with Sass and she loved it!

10. Jessica90

Jessica90 Elite Member

ill have to get some trying to do a little more with her tank before we add her ATBA lol im so bad at how to do that kinda stuff and my hubby works 12 hr ****s and i take night classes so we never see each other lol ! but we have left over caulk from duckies flooring in her tank !

11. Jessica90

Jessica90 Elite Member

Anyone know what all I'd need for a above tank basking area ?