This Disappears When Logged In

Trying to Find a Specific Mealworm "store"

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by Kachina, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kachina

Kachina Elite Member

I thought I had it bookmarked. It is on the eastcoast. Had phoenix worms, mealworms and I think crickets in cans. I know it had the crickets in much smalle quanities. Although we only use mealworms now. Neither son nor I could stand the little crappers. This sound familiar to anyone? I know they did not have a guarentee on the cans.

Kathy

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

cans? Like freeze dried worms and crickets? I would avoid those like the plague.

3. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Mullberryfarms by chance? they have a bit of everything.

4. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I'm not very fond of the canned ones either, and I'd avoid Phoenix worms entirely. Not sure which supplier that would be though.

5. MoogleBass

6. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

The Phoenix worms? I don't remember specifically, but I do recall a huge thread we had on them. I think the developer joined as a member and was promoting them. All I really recall is that apparently they're not that great, and I think the guy got tired of everyone pointing out the flaws in his "product" and left. I've personally never used them, but from what I remember from that thread, I probably don't want to. And I really shouldn't need to anyway, might as well stick with what already works :)

I ran a search on the forums for "Phoenix worms" and found the thread....which was started by you, lol:
    http://www.herpcenter.com/feeders/8396-phoenix-worms.html

After reading it again, I stay by my opinion. It's not that I think they're dangerous, but I also don't fully know HOW safe they are. The main reason I stay away from them though is that the developer seemed kind of shady, and eventually backed out of the conversation. Since I already have feeders that work for me, I have no reason to try some "experimental" one that's promoted by a guy who's integrity seems questionable to me. In the long run they might actually be perfectly safe, but from my experience so are crickets, and I already use those.

7. Annababe

Annababe Elite Member

Are there any other sites you all use to order feeders??

I'm looking for butter worms and tomato worms too.

8. schlegelbagel

i use Reptile Food but i don't know about their variety, since all i use are crickets and mealworms.

9. MoogleBass

Reptile food is costly on shipping. Id stay away from worm man, theres alot on BOI about him. FOr other feeders Id have to do some checking, but mulberry farms has a nice variety.

10. Annababe

Annababe Elite Member

Thank you.

Somebody else actually suggested them too!

Andrea

11. schlegelbagel

I thought reptilefood was average. Their bugs are cheap but shipping is more, so it all balances out. In the summer it will be way cheaper since you won't have to fex ex overnight.

12. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I have used grubco and don't have any complaints. I do have some not-so-nice things to say about wormman though.

13. Gewanchuk

Gewanchuk Junior Member

Up in Canada I use Arctic circle Herp supply and Bugorder.com. I think bugorder ships anywhere. They have all the usual including phoenix worms which seem to be perfectly safe and reputedly high in calcium but don't grow very big at all and seem to die very easily. I'd say they may be good for smaller herps like anoles and frogs. Pretty useless for anything bigger though.

14. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I used to use BugCo. They don't have much variety though, as far as different species of feeders goes. But I liked their service and they did well with the crickets I needed.

15. Annababe

Annababe Elite Member

Thanks everyone! I'll check them out :). I have been directed toward mulberry farms too, which pretty much has everything I want, minus red wigglers if I wanted to try them, except they are out of the tomatos right now...........I called them and they had a bad hatch.

Mosh..................it's ok. Wormman doesn't have as small an order as I would like anyway :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.