This Disappears When Logged In

Trouble with Vets!!!!!

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by thead11, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thead11

thead11 Elite Member

OMG!! I hate vets!! I got a referal from where I bought Jasmine, and I called them today. Freaking people don't have a reptile vet there today. They gave me another number, so I called them, and they referred me to where they refer all their exotics. So I called them and blah blah blah. I end up callin 5 different places, and none of them are open late enough, except the first one. I end up getting the number for a 24 hour exotics vet in Tampa, which is like 2 hours away. So, that may be my only option for today. I can't get anywhere until after 6, so I think im going to Tampa.
    And seriously, what kind of vet closes at noon??!!!
    Ergggg!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

here's some listed by ARAV that are in the Orlando area:

Dr John H. Porter
    Kirkman Road Vet Clinic
    38 S Kirkman Rd
    Orlando, FL 32811

Dr Bruce Bogoslavsky
    Animal Vet Hospital
    1320 W Oak Ridge RD
    Orlando, FL 32809-3903

Kerry I. Jackson
    7600 Lake Underhill Dr
    Orlando, FL 32822

Beth Chittick Nolan
    SeaWorld Orlando
    7007 Sea World Dr
    Orlando, FL 32821

Dr. James E. Bogan
    731 N Alafaya Tr
    Orlando, FL 32828

3. thead11

thead11 Elite Member

thanks for the list, unfortunatally they wont work either lol.
    but thanks again.

4. 904cresteds

904cresteds Elite Member

off to tampa!!! >.< vet clinic's annoy me sometimes..some times i end up wasting money...it ends up i knew what was wrong in the long run lol

5. thead11

thead11 Elite Member

well, i think that we are going to call tomorrow and get an apt for thursday morning at a vet around here. it's expensive to drive to tampa, and we just dont have the money for the gas and the visit.
    do you think it is alright to wait until thursday to take Jasmine?
    We scooped the poop and it is "chilling".
    We sprayed some shedding spray on her to hydrate her skin. She already feels better to the touch.
    And don't worry, we're not taking her to just some vet. It is a herp vet.
    So untill thursday, I'll be watching her closely.
    At this point, I don't even care if she is pregnant, I just want her to be ok.
    Is an ultrasound the only for sure way to know if a Boa is pregnant? How much do they usually run?

6. 904cresteds

904cresteds Elite Member

fecal samples can last 2 days in the frig..i left crested gecko poop's in ziploc bags in my fridge for 2 days and were still good :) *bf didnt like that the bags were in there* lol
    also do you weigh your snake often? that would be the cheapest way to know..or a slight larger middle...but always keep records of weights! i have 3 crested gecko colonys and i have ther're weights in a little note book i weigh them once a week :) and i do the same with snakes..but i also keep feeding records with my snakes o.o and shed records :p

7. thead11

thead11 Elite Member

K. We have an appointment with the vet Thursday morning. We put the sample in the fridge last night, so will it be alright until then? We haven't weighed her, but she is bigger in her lower half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.