This Disappears When Logged In

Trans-pecos Ratsnake Mystery Illness

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by Grantandmax, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Grantandmax

Grantandmax New Member

My suboc is sick and I don't know what's wrong with him. It started with some wheezing and open mouth breathing and I thought respiratory infection. He hasn't really displayed bubble blowing but his nostril has seemed to cover up and I can't really see where it was and I thought maybe this could be a result of a retained shed. So i had recently moved and don't know anyone in my area so I tried a vet who turned about to be clueless and charged us for extra and uneccesary testing, antibiotics that didn't end up helping at all, never gave me a true diagnosis and turned out to be just a waste of time. So I talked to shops and got a better vet recommendation and this one has also put him on a different anti biotic which seems to have helped his breathing a little bit. And though this place isn't trying to take every penny I own they also can't really give me a diagnosis. He's started developing a type of rash on his belly and his vent is now scarred and looks really weird. He hasn't eaten in a couple months due to his stress from being sick and he's starting to lose a lot of weight. I can try and get decent pictures if people would like but I at least wanted to throw this out to the public and see if it's familiar to anyone. Please. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Pictures of him and his setup would be helpful. Also can you give a rundown of his enclosure and temps.

3. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

What's the humidity in his tank? If it's too high, the bedding is too moist or (God forbid!) mouldy, it could cause blisters on his underside...also, what type of bedding do you use?