This Disappears When Logged In

Took Snakes to the Vet Friday

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by hailyjc, Dec 26, 2011.

1. hailyjc

hailyjc Active Member

so i took both my ball pythons to the vet friday and found out that i have 2 males :/, and the one i was worried about has a respatory infection and i have to give him a shot every 3 days. but the vet says that its not contagious so my other bp should be fine . :) i just thought id let every one know how they are doin and both tanks are at the right tempatuer. but i have a questiond bout the humidity. how do u make a soak box with out the material ur using to make the box moist and humid stop growing mold ?

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Glad to hear that you took them in! Better to get the respiratory infection before it gets out of hand, best of luck and hope he feels better soon.
    As for the humid hide, I'm not sure if it's the same for snakes as it is for lizards using moist paper towel, I'm sure someone will be by to tell you what they use.

3. hailyjc

hailyjc Active Member

ya i hope he gets better soon he get his second shot today. im sure some one will lol and anyones advice is greatly apcreated ! (....sorry bout the spellin:/.)

4. LovelyMomma

LovelyMomma Elite Member

Ahh, I'm so glad you finally got them in :) Did you get the thermometer/hygrometer? You should take some pictures of their tanks sometime so we can see :)

I'm not sure really. I don't have a dedicated moist hide for any of mine. The humidity stays at about 50% & when I mist, it spikes up to 80% & quickly falls back down. So, when I see that one of ours is going into shed, I just move him to another tub with moist papertowels for bedding instead of aspen. I'd agree with mld & just use the papertowels.

5. hailyjc

hailyjc Active Member

oh ok thanks i need to do that with both of mine

6. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

for a humid hide i have a bunch of moss stuffed into some netting (actually a dismantled shower loofah thing) inside the hide. the netting keeps the moss from getting spread out too much and making a mess of the reptile carpet i use. and i can take it out and rinse it out and re moisten it easily. i put it inside the hide on the cool side, no mold problems. and my ball loves it. good luck with the injections, i just got done w/ a round of antibiotics for my ball python, wasn't fun but its not too hard.

7. hailyjc

hailyjc Active Member