This Disappears When Logged In

Too Many Morphs

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Lenore, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Lenore

Lenore New Member

Hello!
    Not sure if this is the right place for these kinda questions, but I just got here and couldn't find anywhere where it might fit better, sorry if this isn't the right place!

I don't actually have a snake.. Yet..
    I've always wanted one, but only recently started looking into it.. Since by this time, next year, I'll have moved out finally and I want to finally get some scary pets and I want to be as prepared as possible! :D

Recently = last night until 3 AM (whoops), I looked at videos of different python morphs and I realized there's simply too many. I luckily have convinced my fiancé we can have two, so the choice would be easier. And I've really falled in lovr with the idea of getting two ball pythons with the same type of pattern, but one being either albino or pastel, but I'm not very good at remembering patterns and names, so I have a hard time finding two that match, is it even an option?

We've also been looking at snake racks. I've seen a few on Google and I would prefer the ones with clear glass sides, where you can easily look in and that generally look very nice. But I can't find out where they actually sell them and how big they are. I really like the idea of having racks where I can add more levels later, as I want more reptiles eventually.. But I'm confused about how to find them and if it's actually a good idea with racks..

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Ok I'll start on the caging. What it sounds to me like you are describing is actually just stacked cages, which are made by a few different places. Most racks are set up like a set of drawers using translucent plastic bins. They are generally used where visibility is a lower priority than space for the keeper. I seem to have lost all my cage manufacturers links at some point, but a search on reptile cages should get you there. Going to have to figure out what device those were on now as I can't remember hardly any of them, lol.

As for the morphs, yes there are a crazy amount of them, not to mention the fact that when you consider that some combinations come out looking nothing like the parents, it gets really confusing. If you really want your mind blown, go play with this for a bit: Genetic Wizard - World of Ball Pythons , I've spent hours as a breeder checking what I might get out of different combos of parents. In the end though, it is completely a matter of personal choice what you end up getting.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017