This Disappears When Logged In

Toes Stuck Together, One Missing

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by N0vember, Jul 29, 2017.

1. N0vember

N0vember New Member

I'm new to the forum and new to owning a water dragon. When I picked this little guy up I noticed that two of his toes seemed to stick together but I figured that some residue from moist substrate was making them stick a little and that when he would get in his water bowl they would come apart. I kept him at my girlfriends for a few days and wasn't able to check up on him. He is missing one digit although it does look like it has healed over. His two digits that are stuck together look dark and are a little stiff but it doesn't seem to bother him as he still uses his hand as normal. I am almost 100% sure he had this problem when I bought him, I just don’t think I really noticed.

What is the best course of action?

Attached Files:

2. EctoJoJo

EctoJoJo Well-Known Member

I'm not too familiar with these lizards, but if the skin is still damaged a iodine solution would be suggested to prevent infection.

If I were to venture a guess perhaps the toes had a bad shed. They look dry and dare I say "scaly" compared to the left foot.

N0vember likes this.
  3. N0vember

N0vember New Member

Thank you! I will look into this and try it out.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

From what I can see on the photo, it looks like the toes may be dead. Your best bet is a good Herp vet.

N0vember likes this.
  5. N0vember

N0vember New Member

Went to the vet, all is good! His or her two digits were cut off and his hand cauterized. The vet gave him a dose of a pain medication called Madicam and gave me a bottle of Vetericyn to spray on his hand twice a day for two weeks. A second appointment is scheduled for next Wednesday to make sure everything is well. Thank you all who responded!

Now I have a water dragon who is forever throwing up the hang loose sign haha.

Attached Files:

6. N0vember

N0vember New Member

*Metacam*