This Disappears When Logged In

Tito's Potty Training Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by TitoAndKatt, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

So, I did what (I think Linky?) suggested and waited until Tito pooped, then moved his water dish on top of it. First I scoured the cage with bleach, and took his hammock out as he had pooped on it soo much I am not sure that there is any way to get the smell out, and that's not where I want him pooping. Anyways, he pooped, and I moved his water dish over it. He now poops Mainly in his dish, though on occasion he poops elsewhere. Still, it is progress! :) I also moved his food down to the bottom of the cage and moved his rope so that he has a climbing/basking spot higher up on the cool side. Before he spent ost of his time just sitting on his shelf; this way he gets more exercise because he HAS to move around more! haha he LOOOVES the rope too! :)

2. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

AHHHH!!!!!!! :mad: He just pooped ALL over my BED!!!! I JUST changed the sheets too!!!! :mad: *grumbles* stupid rotten excuse for a lizard...

3. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

hehe been there, poop on me, (twice), and ran under the couch to poop, and next to the bath tub (on carpet)

and yes... all in one week! but she hasn't done it since.

4. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

lol Little monster! Oh well, I made him take a bath, which he hates (because, you know, baths are so terrible) so even though I highly doubt he'll make the connection, that will be his punishment in my mind. ;) lol Time to go find some different sheets...

5. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

When forest was under 4 months he used to poop on my bed. I started a habit of taking the water tub that was in his cage for pooping with me to the bed room. Just throw most of the water out otherwise you will have a bigger mess. Just watch Tito, he gives a clear signs of when he is going to poop, lift him up and hold him over the water tub. I did that every time that I saw the signs and I've never had a problem again.

6. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

kermit pooped because she had an attitude that week. in fact she walked over to me put her head on my chest and pooped! and the time she ran under the couch she was looking out the window then decided to kind of explore than shot away sat under the couch and POOPED. baddddd iguana!

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! Just wait till you are talking to someone with the ig on your shoulder when you hear the WHOOOSH! and feel that warm wet feeling running down your back!

8. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

haha I was sitting in my living room saying to my roommate aww isn't she sweet look she likes me... then she pooped. And she has loud poops.

9. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I think the biggest reason why forest does not have 'accidents' anymore is because he like doing his business on the grass. However I have to say that he has been farting allot these days?!

10. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

Yoshi farted on me the other day and here for some reason I didn't think she did that. :) I have only been pooped on once by her and I have to say it smelled like her food. LOL

11. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Haha yeah, I have noticed that Iguana poop smells MUCH better than carnivore poop! Still pretty smelly though! I have yet to see Tito fart...and the only sign he shows of pooping is the noise he makes when he actually poops! haha

12. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

I'm sure glad Buddy poops in his water LOL

13. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

*glares*

14. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Buddys only pooped out of his water once and that was on an old blanket I threw on the bed for just such an occurence;)

It was funny to, he was walking around on the bed exploring, he stops, turns his head to glare at me, and then he lets loose, runs a little ways away and turned to look back at me like "what you gonna do about it" LOL

15. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

At least iguanas will give you some warning.
    You just have to learn to watch for "The Poopy Dance"!

16. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

LOL The only warning I got was he swung his tail out of the way when he stopped. There was no way I could have got to him and got back to his pond LOL

17. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

I can tell when my beardy is going to poop she lifts tail way up in air. LOL I get no warning from my ig.

18. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Forest gets a look in his eyes and he bends down slightly just before he poops.

19. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

I get no warning either, she takes more time to get situated in her cage than outside, but out when it matters.. no warning at all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.