This Disappears When Logged In

Tips On Diet For Uromastyx

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by Aucherus2002, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Aucherus2002

Aucherus2002 New Member

So recently I got a Mali Uromastyx and I was wondering if the diet I'm feeding him right now is good, or if it needs any improvements. Right now I'm feeding him endive, butternut squash, and spaghetti squash. Mind you neither of the stores in my town carry escarole or frisee, so I can't do any of them, the only way I'm getting the endive is by picking it out of a spring salad mix I pick up.

My main concern right now is, is he getting enough of the calcium and vitamins he needs, and if not, what ways can I fulfill them?

2. EctoJoJo

EctoJoJo Well-Known Member

Are you using a calcium and vitamin supplement? Vitamin D free though since he should be getting that from his high levels of uvb. Timberline offers a salad mix for herbivores you could look into. I know here where I live Tops market has fresh escarole in the produce section.

3. Aucherus2002

Aucherus2002 New Member

Yes I do use calcium and vitamin supplements 1-2 times a week, but I just want to make sure he gets a full diverse diet.
    The Timberline stuff looks really good, I'll probably order some the next chance I get, since I end up tossing half of the spring mix salad I get since it tends to be loaded with lots of romaine lettuce.