This Disappears When Logged In

This Tub for Adult Corns and Kings?

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by Knox, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Trying to get some opinions on a couple of sites...

I am seriously looking at the Rhinoraxx Poly Rack. It is expensive, but I love the tubs. A bit smaller than the 41 qt, but very clear and durable.

The dimensions of the tub are 26 x 18 x 6. 34 quarts. The website says this is fine for Colubrids up to 6 ft.

Any thoughts from you guys out there in Internet Land?

PolyTub.jpg

Polytub2.jpg

Attached Files:

2. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I don't think it is big enough. I've been told to house a adult corn snake in a 20 gallon tank or bigger.

There are 4 quarts in a gallon so those boxes are only 8-9 gallon so I don't think those are big enough.

3. justor

justor Elite Member

While it may not have as much volume as a tank, it has much more floor space than a 20 gallon

4. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Nevermind, guys... I am reading mixed reviews on the Fauna B.O.I.

Can't anyone make a consistently good product and back it with consistent customer service to resolve problems?

Sheesh...

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

6. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Yes, they are expensive.

I just don't want to build another one. I might look at Animal Plastics. They seem to get the most consistent "Thumbs Up" from people.

I am in no hurry...

7. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Keep one thing in mind when reading interview on the internet. Satisfied customers don't bother to write reviews, more often than not. I have on occasion got things that I thought were great that I later learned had a lot of bad reviews. People tend to be a lot quicker to complain than to compliment.

8. Knox

Knox Elite Member

This is true. It's not the problems, necessarily, it's how companies resolve the problems that matter to me.

I ended up ordering a 32 qt Econo Rack from Animal Plastics. It is one of their Quick Ship, and should ship within 10 business days. And nearly everything I read about them is outstanding. I have seen vids where people are selling their rack from another company and switching to AP entirely.

And when I spoke with Ali on the phone at AP, she was as great as I had heard.

Sure, if my snakes get over 5 feet I might have to move up from a 32qt, but most Corns and Cal Kings stay within the 4 foot range. And being still young, they have several years before I have to worry about that.

Have a great Friday morning everyone!

9. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I have an Animal Plastics rack for my leos and its great. I also have 6 Boaphile Racks, 4 for BP's and 2 for leos and I have no complaints about them either.

10. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Thanks for the input, Rich! I really like how the tubs will be sideways. I know RhinoRaxx has a sideways 32qt as well. What I really like is, as I stated, it will ship much faster than the 5-7 weeks that Rhino was going to take.

As much as I like building things, it is worth it to me to have the Polymer shelving for the tubs. And what's an extra $100 or so if they last for years and years, right?

11. psychosis

psychosis Elite Member

rich can u post a pic of your rack setup for your snakes and leos please