This Disappears When Logged In

This Is Probably A Dumb Thread

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by MasterB758, Aug 17, 2017.

1. MasterB758

MasterB758 Member

This is dumb, but do you think there's anything I can do to convince my mom to get me a corn snake. The issue is not fear, but she is morally against feeding a snake mice, especially pinkie mice. I am also against this but I'm working on understanding and getting over it.
    P.S. I'm paying for everything because It's coming from a reputable store in a starter pack for only $100

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Honestly I understand that. I too would rather not feed animals to other animals, but that's just the circle of life. But really it's no different than us eating a steak or bacon or something... just the mental thing of the mouse still having a face. I'm assuming you are feeding dead frozen mice.
    One thing you can do is have her take you to a reptile expo. Those are pretty effective at making parents soften towards the hobby, just from what I've seen.
    Also something to look into is reptilinks... they're basically sausages for reptiles, and some have been able to start snakes on them but I assume it's difficult... but that might make her feel better because its a sausage not a mouse...

3. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

There are snakes that don't eat mice. Have you ever seen a California red sided garter snake? Or an African egg eating snake? Regarding mice, is the objection to feeding frozen/thawed or just live ones?

4. Leanne130

Leanne130 Established Member

My mum and dad were completely against me having a snake.. my mum hates them and my dad is terrified. I told them I would care for it myself, you wouldn't have to look at it, I'll pay for the electric it uses and everything else it needs that they didn't have to bother with it.. when I told them they eat frozen mice that was a deffo nope, I talked them into it as I cleared out our freezer and kept no food in the freezer drawer that I use to keep the mice in I told them I'd be so clean and I am (I stuck to it) they then were Still like aw I don't know and I said well let me prove it, I'll get a snake and if I don't care for it I give you the right to find a new owner for the snake and when I got her they were so annoyed, they thought I wouldn't get it knowing they weren't 100 percent happy but about a week later my mum came round so much, she won't hold her like but she comes in and looks at her and always asks of she's okay it's brilliant.. my dad is okay he would go and look at her from a distance but that's it hahaha. Still a massive improvement.. just keep talking your folks through it and they hopefully will come round:D best of luck:p

5. MasterB758

MasterB758 Member

My objection is with feeding live prey which I know is unnecessary, so I will be feeding my hypothetical snake frozen mice.
    The snake thats that eat insects and worms stress easy, and I'm also against unborn babies (eggs)

I have also decided to go with a ball python

Thank, MasterB758

AmityReptiles likes this.
  6. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Yup yup you got it. Nice choice.

7. MasterB758

MasterB758 Member