This Disappears When Logged In

Thinking of Adopting a King Snake.. Advice, Ideas, Thoughts, or Concerns?

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by HerpVetTechChick, Mar 25, 2012.

1. HerpVetTechChick

HerpVetTechChick New Member

Hi all,

I currently have a healthy and (I hope) happy corn snake that absolutely I adore. I am looking to expand my menagerie with a banana king snake. From what I have read, king snakes are pretty similar in care, habitat, and feeding requirements. Any helpful advice, thoughts, tips, or concerns from king snake owners out there?

Much appreciated!!

Alyssa

2. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I don't own any corn snakes or king snakes but I'm all about the more the merrier as long as you can properly care for them. We don't want anyone on the Animal Hoarders show. Lol.

Once you get one, all you do is adjust temps and humidity levels, substrate type for other types. Post pictures if you get one too.

3. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Re: Thinking of Adopting a King Snake.. Advice, Ideas, Thoughts, or Concern

Go for it! Kings are identical to corns in care. King can be a little nippy at first, but most grow out of it.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Re: Thinking of Adopting a King Snake.. Advice, Ideas, Thoughts, or Concern

Not all of them! My wife had a cal king that was fine for about a year. Then he decided one day that he would enjoy swallowing her fingers. This didn't sit well with the wife! I have heard other similar stories where Cal kings were concerned.
    So its a gamble.