This Disappears When Logged In

thinking about this

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by Disturbedcries87, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

2. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

From what I understand, rainbow boas need some height to their cage because they are also arboreal.

3. venus

venus Founding Member

I would say more height as well,,,but more experts will be along shortly :p

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Im think more height is necessary for rainbows :D

5. Amber

Amber Elite Member

All my rainbows seem to want to do is burry as deep into the cage as they can get, at least from my two I wouldn't be worried about height of a cage.

I haven't seen many adult rainbows though, I don't know if they are much different. Depends on individual snakes I guess?

Anyway looks like a nice cage. :)

6. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Get the bigger one

Somehow I missed this thread
    Although rainbows are said to be semi arboreal, I've found that my adults spend most of the time on the ground and only occasionally climb late late late at night. You really want to give them as much floor space as you can afford, physically and financially. Having said that, 14" is awfully low.
    I would go for the bigger version (48" W x 28" D x 28" H) here:
    http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/vision-cages-and-racks/vision-cages-1/-/v433-vision-cage/
    That way you can still put a diagonal branch in and offer them some climbing opportunities, but not skimp on ground space.
    Otherwise the cage looks ideal for a rainbow... easy to clean, waterproof, stackable (if you decide to make a snake room someday!) :D

7. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

ok thank you. I'm Going to get that one like you said Andrea in a few weeks. And someday soon very soon a snake room! thanks for the help

8. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Cool, I can't wait to see pics of it when you get it set up! :)

9. Joe

Joe Elite Member

I agree that more height is better but for rainbow boas it is not essential. 14" is adequate height for a BRB.

Good choice of viv btw, visions are just about the best on the market and will cope with humidity and last a lifetime

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.