This Disappears When Logged In

Thinking About a Rack System

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by dfeneck, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfeneck

dfeneck Elite Member

Hey guys I currently have 3 ball pythons and a corn snake and i was wondering if I got a rack system how big would the actual containers need to be to last all snakes there whole lifetime? and what would a rack cost that could house 6 snakes separately as I do want to expand my collection very soon. thanks a lot.

2. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

A corn snake can live in a 32 quart tub its whole life and a ball python would need 41 quarts. Buying a rack is usually very expensive, you're probably better off just making one or checkin craigslist (surprisingly they're on there a lot.)

This is one me an my father built a few weeks ago. Its 5' x 3' x 16", made of 3/4" melamine sheets with 80' of heat cable running through the back of it, holds 23 tubs(16 6quarts, 4 16quarts, and 3 32 quarts), and currently houses 2.4 leopard geckos, 1.0 corn snake, a unsexed eastern garter, and a leopard gecko clutch(until I get a hovabator). The over all cost was about $300. To buy a similar rack from boaphile or animal plastics would cost well over that and plus you have to add in the cost of shipping. You could probably go even cheaper then mine if you use different materials such as plywood or something.

[​IMG]

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

$300 isn't bad to house that many snakes - I know I have invested more than that in single cages, but those are display cages too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.