I may be over thinking this, but how many of you, or someone you know, experienced thermostat failure? And I mean failure in a bad way, as in, it overheated the enclosure, or possibly killed your beloved pet? I'm not trying to be morbid, this is a legitimate concern of mine. I have my enclosure very well insulated, and it runs at 80% efficiency. Meaning my heat only runs 20% of the time, and holds at that temp for the other 80% of the time. I'll run heat for 3 minutes, and it holds that temp for 12 minutes at a 1 degree differential. (By my calculations, my operating cost will be less than $3.00 a month for heating and lighting.) But, if my stat sticks closed, the tank would overheat within 20 minutes. I'm going to buy another stat, and set it up as a high limit, in a way. I'm going to wire it with a relay, so if the high limit stat (set up as a cooling stat) kicks on, it will kill power to everything, heating and lighting. With a set low point, once the enclosure cools off enough, the high limit stat will disengage and return everything to normal operation. This will also function as a safety for external heat (the sun, extreme high house temps), so if the enclosure gets too hot for any reason, all heating and lighting will shut down until the enclosure returns to a safe temp. I can add this safety for about $30 ($20 for stat, $10 for relay) so I'm definitely going to do it. But tell me the truth, am I way over thinking this and being too extreme?? Also, it will give me separate spots for temperature probes. So if my boa covers one, the other one will regulate the temperatures. I don't know, I'm a little OCD, ADHD and tend to over think everything. So if anyone is actually still reading this....just give it to me straight....am I being paranoid??