This Disappears When Logged In

There IS Something Wrong!

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by wildheart, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

If forest will just start behaving himself, but NO, always coming up with new tricks that is NOT in the book!:p

2. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

It didn't look quite like blood to me either, but I was not about to tell you not to worry about it as if something was wrong we would all feel horrible.

Yes we would have all panicked about the frog, but I think most of us wouldn't have stressed quite as much about the MBD or the nose :p if we were you

3. Ace

Ace Elite Member

I am so glad that the vet put your mind to rest! :) he must be amazing lol! I really do understand what you are going through Linky I am a avid worrier (lets all remember the walls are melting post)!:)

4. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

Mother's always worry about their babies.

I butt heads all the time with my husband when it comes to kids and animals. I'm always they need to go see the doctor and he's like they are fine.( Little hint why I don't listen to him. Our youngest spent 2 days in hospital because I didn't listen to my maternal instinct and listened to hubby instead.)

5. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I've always been a person of comparison, meaning that I NEED another to compare with to be sure, and where I am, there are no other healthy iguanas. For instance - puffy legs - that can mean anything and believe me - forests legs are very puffy. If I had an example of what puffy legs looked like due to MBD then I would have known.

Iguanas mouths that are slightly open are usually due to MBD - once again there are no photos for comparison. So, forests mouth is open all the time, of course I am going to ask why.

The same with his tale that is HUGE and swollen, everybody said it was just fat and I could clearly see it could not only be fat because it is bulging. The vet confirmed it by pointed it out, without me even asking. He did say that it is abnormally swollen with a frown on his face.

Forest has been eating his poop - there are no mention of this at his age in the book or this forum - so I have to ask.

I havent seen the brown of his poop for a looong time due to this, so obviously the reddish brown on the frog scared me.

If I don't ask how on earth will I ever know? Just assuming nothing is wrong has caused many problems even deaths.

Sorry to say, but why must I feel guilty for worrying and asking, why must I feel afraid to ask and be mocked about it?

6. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

There is an old saying,

"the only stupid question is,
    the one that is never asked!"

These forums are for feedback, discussion, finding out information that would otherwise be unknown if 'that' question was not asked.

If you are ignorant of certain facts, (being ignorant of facts is not a sign of stupidity!), then ask away. The 'mockery' you speak of will be dealt with by the Moderators/Administrators. If it is vicious and degrading in nature, you'll never see them post again!

Most all of us here applaud your efforts, and your questions/comments. Your input here on these forums is refreshing, and interesting, to say the least.

Keep posting up Linky, we will always be here for you and your's. Never, ever, be afraid to ask any question.

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Exactly!! How will ANY of us ever learn ANYTHING, if we don`t ask ??...

Who said you should feel guilty and mocked??? That`s what trying to do the best for the animal/s is all about.... Asking questions `til we find the right answers!! :)

8. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Thanks for the kind words. I think I was just being stupid to feel mocked and embarrassed about asking. I just have this anxious feeling of - they are going to think I am paranoid again. I wish I knew everything, I wish I had experience with iguanas or knew somebody that lives in my area, then I would not have asked so many stupid questions.

But, I am going to make this vet my friend so that I can post the problem AND the answer in the future.;)

9. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Do a search for "Popeye" on the board. I'm sure photos will come up.

It wasn't open like a MBD iguana. They are open and unable to close at all. All the way back to the jaw. Survivor Steph has photos of hers in her gallery.

Honey, always ASK for photos. That's the best way. If you haven't seen any photos of these conditions. ASK.

You are paranoid. Its OK ;)

10. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Thanks Liz. Nothing on Survivor Steph's profile, cant find her on Member pictures all 8 S pages nor gallery and search throws out nothing.:eek:

11. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Wild Heart I know I as well as everyone else was just teasing. I am sorry if it was taken some other way, if I had time to post every little thing I saw going on with my animals you guys would kick me out! I am a constant worrier! When I say I understand I really do! :) please don't be embarrassed do I really have to bring up the my post about my walls melting again? lmao

12. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

13. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

14. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I agree !! That`s what makes your questiions so understandable. Linky!! :p :D
    Oh, how I wish MY problems were soooo easy to solve!

15. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

Come on we are all paranoid here for our critters.

I was worried that the vacuum will bug the snake cause it is loud (they don't have ears.)

I was worried that kerm was going to die countless times when nothing was actually wrong with her.

someone thought the walls were going to melt like candle wax.

some one thought they had an egg or something and sent in a picture of poop!

16. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Linky nobody is mocking you. Maybe a bit of good natured teasing but then thats the way friends act!
    Being consistently observant is how you spot a potential problem before it gets seriously out of hand! I worry more for those who don't pay attention!
    That's because the darn lizard never READ the book!:p

17. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

As per usual, Merlin has the answer!! (Darn it!), Give Forest the book to read, Linky....Problem solved!! :p :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.