This Disappears When Logged In

There IS Something Wrong!

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by wildheart, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Linky, its really nothing. I was picturing an Ig that couldn't close its mouth at all!!! This is just a little tiny spot with a little red dot. I wouldn't be concerned.

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Are you serious? That's nothing. You really get worked up over the smallest things. Iguanas are not made of glass, they are pretty hearty. You give him everything he needs and he is no doubt a strong healthy lizard with the ability to heal from minor injury A little scrape on the mouth is bound to happen, my iguana has been known to charge his reflection full speed and bounce off of the mirror, he's broken teeth, bloodied his mouth, scraped his scales. They do that. They get their toes stuck on things and break nails or toes, they whip corners and break their tails, they get stuck in furniture and scrape themselves sometimes. They'll eat a rubber band and you don't even know until it shows back up again.
    Relax, I assure you he is not going to fall over dead from a minor abrasion.

3. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

That's what you get for financing an early retirement! Lacey, did you really suggest that Linky "relax?" LOL That has to be the funniest thing I have ever read;).

4. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Im using my daugters phone. My feeling was right I just had the wrong body part! Hes frog-mate is full of blood! He bled from his cloacal vent!! WHY!? I cant find anything in the book. I Feel sick worried.

5. schlegelbagel

uh linky.... are you sure its not just.. erm... ig sperm? Been going at it a bit hard maybe?

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Linky, if it IS blood, he may just have grazed the hemipene while "excited"... how much blood, just a little, or is it leaking from his vent?

7. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

The stain is as big as a sigaret box on his soft frog. His legs also had blood on. There are no cuts or anything. I gave him a long bath. He seems fine but that was a lot of blood and the book does not mention anything. I am realy worried.

8. schlegelbagel

Cigarette box? Like a pack of cigarettes?

9. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Sorry, I realize I typed cigarette in Afrikaans.

Concerning his mouth I did say slightly open, just enough so that you can see red.:(

It was really horrible to come home to this!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is it as serious as what I think?

10. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Was this the original stain or a new one?

11. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Linky, I can`t quite get the colour, are you sure it`s not just faeces??
    (The way it`s spread out) if it was blood, I think it would be in a circular shape?

12. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I am 100% sure that it is blood, believe me, I and everybody I know checked and checked again.:(

I dont think it will be a circle, not the way that he handles that frog.

13. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I found this last night when I got home, the original stain, I hope I dont find a new one.

14. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Is he behaving normally today, active, alert, feeding etc.? If yes, it`s very strange...

15. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Linky honestly I don't know what it could be, I wish you all the luck tomorrow. Please let us know ASAP! I will have my husband get one while I am at work and he can relay information for me.

16. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

He was very strange last night, he was clinging onto me and did not want to clime off even after 2 hours has gone by.

He only woke up at 6 this morning Stefan, so that means he is only awake now for 40 minutes. I am not at home we started at 05:30 this morning.

17. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

The vet was at my house and he knew his story inside out and have 3 igs at his house among a whole lot of other stuff:D

First I had to get him over the shock of walking into my house and being surrounded with all my kids cages, he could not believe the size and how I have set it up. He asked me how on earth can I keep Californian Kings in those cages - only green tree pythons should be in such cages. He said that Sky and River's cages really made him feel guilty about his own beardies cages. He made me feel very proud!

After that I took him to forest's room and he could not get over his amazement, he called Craig brilliant over and over again. Again he felt guilty about his own igs. GOOD!:D I eventually had to pull his attention to forest.

1. He was shocked at forest's size for his age.
    2. He was also amazed at how much his 'tail' (don't know the correct word) were swollen, 2 big bulges. Remember I was worried about that last.;) He said that it is a bit enormous but nothing to worry about.
    3. I told him that he is eating his poop and he answered everything exactly as it is written in the iguana book. I asked if it cant be that he is lacking something and he said it can be and that he will bring me supplements. (Cant remember the name.)
    4. I asked him about the dehydration and he agreed that forest is dehydrated but not serious. He said that the eyes sinks in when it is serious. He said I must just carry on giving him water every day.
    5. He took forests frog and wet the dry stain, wiped it off with toilet paper and examined it deeply. He said that it does not look like blood, it looks like a mixture of semen and poo but that I must monitor it closely until Monday. He lifted forest up and checked and could not see anything wrong.
    6. I asked him about MBD just to put my mind at rest and he said I am crazy! I showed him how fat the legs were and everything and he said that you can see with the naked eye that its muscle. (Maybe with his eye yes).

He is going to do another house visit on Monday night and every second week for my dog and he wants a poo sample from forest. Oh I am so glad I am going to have him by me so often. I am definitely going to make good friends with him.:)

Ok, I do feel better, sorry I made everybody worried but I am sure you would have re-acted the same about that stained frog, mouth etc. .:(:rolleyes:

(I sounded a bit like Stefan in the beginning of this post.:p)

18. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I dont know so much if I am going to survive this.:( Thankfully I have this forum with brilliant, good hearted people that are always ready to support and pick up the pieces. Thanks a million!!!.:)

19. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I truly DID NOT think it was blood, but knowing how much you worry, I wasn`t going to argue the point!! (Sillly girl!!) :p :D
    Stefan

20. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

I am so happy for you, I hope this vet proves to have more "staying power" than the last one! Sounds like you have something to teach him too! Poor Forest, again his mom shares the most embarrassing stories!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.