This Disappears When Logged In

The Tai Project.

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Thalatte, May 8, 2013.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I am working on calming Tai down as his Masochistic tendencies are making it expensive to feed him. Also I am tired of scooping animal parts off his walls and out of his pond drain.
    So far he has lost all interest in fish-he doesnt even kill them just to kill them. He is still drowning his little worms though so no more phoenix or mealworms for him.
    He has also gotten better about eating the whole worm and not leaving half of it on his basking spot for me and I can hold him more often without him running off my hand and shredding my arm.

Now videos: [video]http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/11Tiamat13/media/DBBE1F61-033E-4BD4-952A-32AE98A9F1D1-16687-00000D8868D0E30B.mp4.html?sort=3&o=1[/video]

Bonus videos of sulcatas eating. [video]http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/11Tiamat13/media/8C2190DE-2324-47C3-843C-13ABA3FBA7B7-16687-00000D845985A665.mp4.html?sort=3&o=3[/video]

2. justor

justor Elite Member

He's a handsome little man!

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Thanks!

4. Ripkabird98

Ripkabird98 Elite Member

Wrong term. A Masochist enjoys having pain INFLICTED ON HIM. Sadists enjoy INFLICTING PAIN ON OTHERS.

Cute guy by the way.

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Oh right...Sorry-his Sadistic tendencies are what I am training out of him.

6. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

He is the EXACT opposite of Karma. He can be so dainty and picky, it isn't even funny. Loved your video of Tai, such a big guy.

7. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Cute sulcatas! And Tai is adorable.

8. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Tai is such a handsome guy!

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Thanks everyone.

Yeah the sulcatas are Teegers and Maynard and they are becoming more social as well. I am finally at the point that they will allow me to sit with them when they eat. THey still dont come running when they see me or eat out of my hand as my other tortoise does but they no longer run away.

Being unemployed is doing wonders for the tame-ability of my reptiles! Harley is no handeable. Tai is almost there. The torts no longer hide. And the turtles just hide...but thats what boxies do.

10. RomanLA

RomanLA Elite Member

He's a handsome fellow! I gotta start handling Mushu more. I don't get him out as much now that he's in his big enclosure. I don't want him to get wild on me.

11. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Oh I also got some more fake bushes to add into his cage and I chopped a huge limb off the tree out front (it looks all lopsided now but oh well). I havent cleaned or placed them in the cage yet but here is a pic of the limbs I will be cutting down to see how they will fit in his cage.

5-10-13 143.jpg

12. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Tai actually seemed to calm down and be more amenable to my handling once he was in his bigger cage. But I know where you are coming from...he has all this room to play in his cage so why should I take him out?
    I was in that mindset for awhile but now that he is used to me I am trying to actively change that so I can take him out and use him in educational lectures.

13. ImagineDragons

ImagineDragons Well-Known Member

In your video of him, it almost looks like he'd purr if he could while you were petting him :)

14. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

It does kinda huh? Such a deceptive little brat. He kept biting me yesterday.

15. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

That's just his way of showing you he loves you. Just like human Kindergarten-age boys, when they push you down or trip you, it's just their way of showing you they care. And the worse the wound, the greater the love! ;)

At least you can touch him now without losing an appendage in the process. That IS progress!

16. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Then he is obsessed with me as I have scratches and bite marks all over my hands from the last couple days and all because I added a stick to his cage!

I don't think I posted photos of it...here it is: image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg