This Disappears When Logged In

The Same Ig?!

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by wildheart, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Forest again, yes I know, but I LOVE talking about him!:p We sometimes need to read good news too.:rolleyes:

He was basking outside in the sun on Sunday. I went to remind him to eat some food and he decided that my arm looks like a better option.:eek:
    [​IMG]
    (Yes, I know I must be careful, but that is much easier said than done.)

Later the same night he climbed down from his basking tree and made himself comfortable for a good sleep, the flash did not even wake him up:
    [​IMG]

Really the most opposite behavior possible.:D

2. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

Comfy!;)

3. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

Heh, it is part of the iguana slavery.... If you are ok with being bitten (which I assume you won't give him away no matter how hard he bites) then meh, be careful but we don't mean lock him in a room and forget him! He loves you, he is just hormonal right now. No matter how teenage you are you still want mama when you don't feel right and want to be comforted

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You lucked out! The bite could have been much worse and as he grows it will become much worse. You can never let your guard down, particularly with a breeding stage male!
    And I would not advise allowing him to be that close to your neck while you cannot see his head and know what he is doing.
    If he gets you in the right spot you are headed to the emergency room!

5. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

That is like asking me to break my own heart.:( Deny his 99% good intentions just because he is 1% bad. I honestly dont think I can look him in the eye and not let him be the same with me as always. I will rather start wearing protective gear.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Then go buy some armour!
    I'm serious Linky!
    These guys have the same dental work as a mako shark!

7. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I am being careful and I am on my guard. He has a habit of always climbing on me when I enter his outdoor cage, it is sort of like saying halo. Sunday he did exactly the same as all the other times but he did not climb up he bit my arm. There was no way that I could see that he was not going to do as he always does.:(

8. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I must admit, after last night, I am really seeing a big difference in him.

He is constantly head bobbing and swinging his tail - not whipping - just swinging. He use to tolerate the dragons and now he hates them.

It is really cold over here so he can't go outside anymore - that is also contributing to his anger.

I am going to reduce his awake time with an hour and make sure that he does not see my dragons again.

We are going home for 4 days this weekend - hopefully the change in the environment will do him good. Then again, he started all this stuff at that house.:(

9. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

I'm sorry I hope this hurries up and passes!!

10. labelleninirose

labelleninirose Elite Member

I got bit by my iguana Charlie when it was worm meds time....I ended up in the hospital for stitches lol now I am extra careful around her. not only does it look bad after it hurts like %%#$%!!!

11. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

Looking at their eyes can sometimes tell you their intentions. Sometime the pupils of their eyes will get real tiny when they are thinking about biting you. Watch his eyes next time you give him a treat you will see what I mean.

12. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

if I watch kermit's eyes you can tell by her shifting in dialation that she focus on you then focus on something else and back and forth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.