This Disappears When Logged In

The Newest Additions.

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Thalatte, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Well what are his temperatures? This can be a big factor in how much they eat. For instance during feeding times I just leave the roach bin in the cage and they will jump in, eat as much as they can (averages about 30 or so each) then they bask for a half hour or so and hen back into the food bin they go. Another factor is I am feeding only newborn roaches...well I fed ones smaller than 1/4in not sure how old those are but they are the smallest I could find.
    Also they are both going through a growth spurt it seems as they are shedding everywhere.

I rearranged the cage a bit as the basking area was a bit hot so I wanted something lower and not as bulky. Also on the PVC branch I thought I had 3/4 in pipe so those are the fittings I bought but turns out I had 1in pipe so that project has been postponed. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

The green bin is only in the cage when they are eating and it has gotten to the point that I just put the bin close to the rock or leaves they are on and they dive in without any encouragement from me.

3. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

ya it is easier to overfeed them at this age and then take the roaches back out like that. I do the same thing. Makes life easy

4. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

Sounds great to me.. Im gonna have to try that when I get the babies. ughhhh they seem so small in their eggs though and there is still a bit of yolk so im anticipating probably another 3 weeks. we shall see. I may have to take them camping with me. ugh. lol May

5. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Those are cute babies!

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

image.jpg
    Look brothers!
    I am looking forward to seperating them next weekend. They should do much better in seperate cages.

7. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Cute! They are characters.

8. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

they are so cute. I hope the last of the eggs make it. the second clutch is down to 6 now also. we shall see. M

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Originally I was going to build them a climbing branch from PVC and rope but due to Tai's recent developments I am going to save it all for his cage and instead I decided to go a different route with the babies.

Well I ended up getting a 130$ gift card to petsmart and so I got them this: image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg