This Disappears When Logged In

The Newest Additions.

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Thalatte, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Well late saturday night I drove up to Ieasa's house and grabbed two of her baby beardies. One called spaz and another that I dont think was named. I have both of them in a 36x18x18 exoterra for about a month while Tai is recuperating from his broken leg. Once Tai is back in his large cage they will each have their own 36x18x18.

So far the cage is very very bare. Just tile floor, two dishes, fake cactus thing (I had it so I figured why not?), 100watt mvb, and a large black wood box that used to be the turtle hide. Tomorrow afternoon I will build a pvc and rope climbing branch and switch the box out for a rock stack.

6-23-2013 100.jpg (excuse the name tag it was harley's old cage and I havent taken the tag off yet)
    6-23-2013 103.jpg This one is now named Mister Zsaasz (sorry their previous names didnt match my theme and I have no idea which one was spaz) He hasnt moved from where I put him in the cage. He is kinda timid.
    6-23-2013 106.jpg 6-23-2013 108.jpg This one is Solomon Grundy or just Grunds. He is very enrgetic and explorative though kinda skinny but that can be fixed.

Here is a photo taken 10minutes after I put them in the cage. Notice Zsaasz is still in his spot but Grunds is over by the bush thingy. 6-23-2013 109.jpg

They have both eaten some salad of minced butternut squash, collard greens, mustard greens, and cilantro. Oh and Grunds pooped but not Zsaasz yet.

2. Treven

Treven Member

Their names were just meant to be nick names for us to describe them for us. So we knew who was eating and who wasn't. The skinny active one may be the one that would rarely eat bugs.

Our friend brought us the 20 gallon long today. I am hoping it will be good until my husband builds the new enclosures and they can all move in. This one seems kind of stressed in the new enclosure. I am sure it has to do with suddenly being alone and then a move to a new home. Poor little guy. But he ate a little salad and 6 dubias and then pooped on my hand. So I think he will be ok. LOL!

3. Treven

Treven Member

I am Ieasa's son. I accidently posted from his account because he left logged in. Oops..... so his dad will be building the new enclosure not his husband.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Petcos website has the 36x18x24" exoterra cages for $25 at the moment...This is the absolute best price I have seen them.

5. Ieasa

Ieasa Elite Member

Seriously screaming deal. Looking into it. I wonder how long they will have that sale...hmm....

6. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Wow I'm confused. I guess I missed something. You took her beardies?... whuh?

Might not be any of my business so feel free not to explain, I'm just confused is all.

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm loosing tract of how many guys you have now, congrats!!! :)

8. Ieasa

Ieasa Elite Member

Yes, I got some baby bearded dragons given to me unexpectedly. I was not able to give them each the best possible care. So she took 2 of them. One passed away and we kept one.

9. millerpj

millerpj Elite Member

Is this a forever sized home?

10. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

LOL LOL everyone is so confused atm...hahaha....

Ok Thala went to Iessa's and took 2 of the babies. For now they are in the same cage. But they won't be in the same cage forever. Thala has to wait til Tai (her CWD) heals from a broken leg and goes back to HIS enclosure. Iessa has her bearded dragons AND one baby left (bless his heart Timmy the runt died... -cries-). There were 4 babies total Iessa took unexpectedly - 1 died, Thala has 2 Iessa has 1 left.

Now the tank thing from petco...I went totally emo started screaming at Thala on facebook...she was just as wow'ed as me! So she ordered a tank from there too.

Now it is possible that when the new exo terra comes in... she could put one of the babies in there. I mean crap...its 93% off!!!!

11. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

OH okay. Thanks guys. I feel like I'm in the loop now c:

12. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

Awesome deal.....wish I could order a few. :(

Also those babies are too cute.

13. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

No these aren't their forever sized homes. They will each be in a 36x18x18 cage for a year (hopefully less time) during this time I am going to build a new cage for tai in my bedroom and sale his old one. Then once the old cage is out of the way I will make custom cages that will be 48x18x24 (deeper if I can fit it but not sure on if I can and still use the dog door I have built into the wall). Then Harley, zsaasz, and Grundy will all be stacked where Tai's current cage is.

But before this all happens I need to get Tai's new cage built. Thankfully I get bonuses and tax money now so it shouldn't be too long before I can get all the materials together. The hard part is Tai's new cage will be aluminum and glass so its gonna be expensive.

On and no I won't even unwrap the new cage until I find a place to put it.
    Tai's cast comes off on the 14th so they will be ok for the next two weeks.

14. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

More pics! image.jpg grundy was playing king of the mountain and zsaasz was staring at him like he was an idiot...which he kinda was since he got stuck on top of the box. So I put a bush in their and he was able to climb down that.
    He then moved over to here: image.jpg
    So I moved zsaasz and added roaches: image.jpg Grundy are some but as far as I could tell zsaasz just watched.

Oh and Joey mentioned how many I have?
    Well right now I have 6fire bellies, 3box turtles, 3beardies, 2 desert torts, 2 African sulcatas, 1 wood turtle, and one CWD. (And fish and bugs that I raise for food)

15. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice! I like the title flooring, That's what I plan on doing over the next few weeks, Can't wait to see that PVC branch

16. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

Thalatte I cant find it on the site . I want those tanks!! lolol with 2 clutches coming etc im gonna need more. and 25 bucks??? great deal!

17. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

They may have realized their error on the tanks. Those size exoterras are normally $380. So $25 is a drastic savings.

As far as the flooring I bought everything to fix up the cage Saturday and I got 18x18 tiles thinking they would fit perfectly! But just cause your tank is 36x18 doesn't mean 2 18x18s will fit...they were much too big so I had to run back to the store Sunday and get some 16x16 tiles only I couldn't reach the single tiles so I ended up with a box of them...now I don't know what to do with the extra ones. Oh well. And the rope branch will look similar to this one: image.jpg

18. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

may be a typo but the tanks are still available when i go to the website.
    Exo-Terra Glass Terrarium - Desert Reptile Terrarium and Glass Terrarium from petco.com
    Wish I needed more!

19. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

on a side note I am Autumn Scott on facebook in Tucson, AZ if anyone wants to add me :)

20. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

LOL Tia they will be spoiled rotten I know you!! And I am glad everyone is caught up. And here is my fb link http://www.facebook.com/TennesseeDelite

By the way, high chance I wont have internet after the middle of the week. If I dont and I disappear y'all know why.