This Disappears When Logged In

The Fatties

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Microscope Jockey, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

Trying out my new digi-scale (thanks Kikai :D ) so I weighed all the animals. Hey, it's more fun than housework and homework and it's fun to see how they've grown :p

Duke (male leopard gecko, almost 2 years) 64g
    Camille
    (female leopard gecko, juvenile) 48g
    Carmen
    (female leopard gecko, juvenile) 36g
    Clove
    (male ball python, almost 2 years) 654g
    Godiva
    (female ball python, almost 2 years) 764g
    Rose
    (female Dumeril's boa, 1.5 - 2 years :confused: ) 384g
    Ginger
    (female bull snake, 1.5 years) 254g
    Boyd
    (male boa constrictor, 5ish years) 9.1 kg :eek: (no I didn't weigh him on the digi-scale :p)

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

MJ,,,,,what the heck are you feeding those things ?????

3. Microscope Jockey

Ummm well they're not on the Atkins diet :p I really feed them all pretty sparingly unlike some large-scale breeders who have some of the hatchlings on an every-other day feeding schedule! *cough cough* Meanwhile I really advocate all herp owners having a scale. Certain fussy leo breeders that I know have Acculab scales that I'd use in the course of my work but I got this nice little scale from WalMart and it will read from a gram or two up to about five pounds in English or metric. It's made by Good Cook and I like the higher range because I hope to breed my snakes plus it's a good size for use on medium-sized snakes and will come in especially handy if and when they start fasting. Plus it has a tare feature so that I can put non-cooperative individuals in an additional container to prevent escaping.

4. Kikai

Kikai Elite Member

Gee....Godiva seems a little bit heavier than Clove......

5. Microscope Jockey

Ummmm and this is news since when? She's always been a big girl and if you're a girl BP big is beautiful :p Actually I was expecting them both to be in the 1000g range so I was a bit off but it's not like I cram food down their throats every five minutes either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.