This Disappears When Logged In

The Addiction Continues: Adopting a Needy Gecko

Discussion in 'African Fat-tailed Geckos' started by TitoAndKatt, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

So...*hangs head in shame* I am getting yet another lizard...for free...again. He is also a special needs lizard. Just like Tut and Tito. :rolleyes: haha He was attacked by another Lizard at the pet store and is missing part of his eyelid. He's up for adoption and my roommate told me about him. I, naturally, said Bring him home! :D hahahahaha I am quickly running out of places to put these guys! haha I HAVE to cut myself off after this guy!!!! I am turning into a Reptile with Special Needs home! Haha Anyways, advice anyone? I have an extra UTH but it is pretty small so I have two option: one is to move the small one to Tut's cage since he doesn't move around much anyways (and use Tut's bigger one for the Fat-Tail). The other is to use the small one (for now) for the Fat-Tail because he will be (for now) in a smaller cage. I will eventually get another Big one if I need to, but until then which is the better option?

Also, anything special I need to know about Fat-Tail care (I read the care sheet already).

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Katt, tell me where this species originates from, and the latin name. ( Don`t ask your boyfriend, who knows what HE`LL come up with!!)

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Africa! That's why they are called African Fat Tailed Geckos!;)
    African Fat-Tailed Geckos (Hemitheconyx caudicinctus)

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi merlin, I hadn`t noticed Katt had given the full name, there are fat- tailed geckos in Australia, also. (Obviously a different species!)

5. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

haha C'mon Murrindi: Attention to Details! ;)

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

;)Sorry, can you say that again please Katt, I usually don`t bother with details,. Thank you soooo much!;):D:confused:
    ( merlin`s just shown me how to put the smiles in, so I`m making the most of it!:D:p:confused::(:mad: and one more: :D

7. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

I will post pics when I get them, and pics of the condition of his eye too. How are AFTs to handle? I have heard that they are not as friendly/handleable as Leos and such...?

8. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Hahahaha I usually have to curb my use of smileys. Otherwise you would have a hard time reading the words through them! ;) :D lmao

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And CONSIDERING that this was posted in the AFRICAN fat tailed gecko forum,.....:confused::D

10. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Really taking in a needy gecko from a pet store? Just keep fueling the fire...

11. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

:D Man, Murrindi, you just completely fail this morning. Have you had your coffee yet? ;) hehe jkjk!

12. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

I am not buying him. He's a Not For Sale Gecko. If I don't take him someone else will and it will end in the same result as far as the pet store is concerned. I am adopting him.The people at the pet store are (for the most part) well meaning, even if they are uneducated. And they have a good herp vet (the vet I see actually) who comes in at Least once a week to check in on everyone.

13. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

No one answered my questions about the heat pads and handling...?
    P.S. Do you sex AFT's just like Leos and Igs?

14. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

No idea. but congrats kind of (it is weird to congrat someone who is feeding their addiction but I have the same... soo.... )

15. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I don't know anything about geckos of any kind so I can't help you there. But- correct me if I'm wrong, I think we addressed this addiction in the ball python forums? Honestly you just can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves! LOL, just kidding I think it is great that you are helping this poor gecko out. Good luck on finding the information you are seeking.

16. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

The Addiction is getting worse..there will be a Tailless Crestie up for adoption (meaning in me home) soon too....

17. David McConley

OH NO!! You are too far gone to ever consider coming back now! Oh well, I can't fault you for something I do also. Hope all your herp wishes come true. You are a great person to adopt all these needy lizards. I wish you only the best.

18. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Thanks! Haha I think I have an addition to the neediest ones out there too! lmao I like the "defective" ones. I feel bad for them and they have character. lol I might have to battle my roomie for the crestie though....

19. David McConley

I wouldn't worry too much about the battle, as you seem to be a very determined person. I don't blame you, I like the character some "damaged" reptiles have also.

20. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Haha thanks! :) I posted some pics. His name is black Beard! :D haha He looks like a Pirate and deserves a Pirate name! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.