This Disappears When Logged In

Terrible~another Sad Rescue GRAPHIC PICS

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by missabrat, Jun 9, 2010.

1. MMWC

MMWC Elite Member

I cannot believe the improvement. you guys are truly wonderfull people to have all the patients to rescue animals like that. so great to hear he is doing well.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Glad he is healing! I would be a little snippy too with all the suffering he has been through. Painkillers would have kept him mellow during his treatment of the wounds. With all the love he is receiving, I'm sure that he will become more comfortable with people in time. Thanks for the update, god bless all of those involved in the rescue center.

3. andys3ballpythons

andys3ballpythons Elite Member

if you find the previous owners i got a .45 that i would be glad to help with, glad he/she is doing better, i hope i never see any animal in person that is that bad, be proud of being a caring individual!!!

4. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Let's not go there.

5. Orca

Orca Elite Member

The progress is amazing! Have you gotten him to eat anything yet?

6. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Glad to hear he is doing better and still on the mend. I know he has to feel so much better than he did 3 months ago.

7. pinkice82

pinkice82 New Member

this is so sad,i'm a ball python and corn snake owner myself and it makes me sick to see how someone could treat an animal this bad :( when i got my first ball python mya,she was sold to me with mites and her previous owner did not was to take the time to get rid of them so i took her and with time and patience i was able to get rid of them and she has even burned herself once and made a terrific come back and is one of my biggest sucks,point of my little rant is that dont own a pet if your not going to take care of it...i hope the snake made a full recovery.

8. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Wow! I must have missed the last set of pictures... he is doing great from the looks of it! So glad he found his way to you! :)

9. lilOme1968

lilOme1968 Member

Poor little guy....people can be so stupid some times...im glad he found you to help him! Good luck Moo Shu!

10. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Noticed this thread was a year+ old, any current info on how this guy is doing?

11. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

This makes me smile! =-)

12. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Thanks for asking, unfortunately I left the "rescue" after finding out that owner was inhumanely euthanizing any animal that she could not use in her educational shows and make money off of them...she actually place a completely healthy 7ft yellow anaconda in a duffle bag and into the freezer because it is illegal in our state,instead of contacting one of the many other reptile people that we know out of state that would have gladly taken it off her hands.but keeps retics and burms that are also illegal.... We also found out that she did not have the insurance that she claimed she had,falsified insurance documents and countless other unethical things....several of us were contacted by the DEC and were asked to help in their investigation of her, she was eventually charged with 56 counts of animal abuse, but got away with everything except 1 count of improperly housing a dog, because the DA in the case was in charge of a huge murder case that happened right at the same time....

13. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Wow, I remember you mentioning something along those lines...I never realized she was such a total piece of human FILTH!! You absolutely did the right thing. At the time she stuck the yellow anaconda in the freezer- I could have taken it. It would have been a stretch, but I could have made it work.

14. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Melissa, will you please update me on which animals you curently keep, I`m so far behind with all the news!? ;)

15. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Stefan, currently I have 3 ball pythons, a bearded dragon,blue tongue skink, 2 leopard geckos, an amazon tree boa, 2 emperor scorpions and a 8+ foot boa, 2 prairie dogs and a big ole fat kitty cat :)

16. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Thanks! You need to increase the numbers somewhat.... (So many in need of a good home). What happened to the Nile monitor with no sense of fashion (although you didn`t help much with that)? ;)

17. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

My home is always open to rescues :) I have plenty of equipment and space :D
    the leopard geckos came to me recently due to their owner being away at college and her parents unwilling to continue caring for them,they are basically wild,having never been handled in their lives(3yrs)

The nile monitor passed away under the so-called "good hands" of the "rescue" owner last year. :(

18. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

last summer she hired a backhoe to come in and dig a mass grave so she could empty 3 of her 5 chest freezers....when the DEC went in and raided her house they say it was deplorable conditions, she had an adult iguana living on what was supposed to be her 10 yr old sons bed,which was covered in feces. The freezers were full of deceased animals, the home filthy,animals living in their own feces...heart breaking to say the least...and she got all of the animals back!

19. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Thats so sad that she got all the animals back! ;|(| She should be chained to her bed and left to live in her own filth, "did I say that out loud" Ooops my bad.
    You did the right thing!