This Disappears When Logged In

Tank Humidity

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by RonnieGirl, Apr 20, 2018.

1. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

100_1578.JPG This is a halogen bulb, very cheap but very effective, either par 30 or par 38 ("par") only refers to the bulb face diameter, it MUST be flood beam not spot and fitted with a ceramic fixture. Alternatively you can buy a "reptile specific" basking bulb.

2. RonnieGirl

RonnieGirl Member

I moved the lights closer to one side so Kelsey has a cool side as well. Also that other cool side is where the cool moist air hose is at

Attached Files:

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Usually they can be switched from C to F. by pressing a button (easy)!

RonnieGirl likes this.
  4. RonnieGirl

RonnieGirl Member

This tank is only a 20 gal. tank. Are you talking about something that big for the enclosure I am building?

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Again, you/we have no idea what the temps and humidity are, it would be possible that by using a cool air hose you are lowering the temps too much.

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

The only difference in this tiny fishtank is that you`ll need a lower wattage basking bulb.

RonnieGirl likes this.
  7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

When you have an accurate gauge/Temp-gun you basically need to know two temps; the lowest ambient (air) @ approx. 75f then the SURFACE temp of the basking object @ approx. 95f....

EDIT: You can do this, nothing expensive or complicated to what I`ve advised! ;)

8. RonnieGirl

RonnieGirl Member

yeah I have looked them up in Amazon and not expensive at all. Thanks a bunch!

9. RonnieGirl

RonnieGirl Member

Kelsey thanks you too!

Attached Files: