This Disappears When Logged In

Talyn update continued

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by BlackJack, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

geeze those babies need to get a move on! :)

2. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks

Thanks for all the support, people. Still no babies. She woke up a few hours after my post and was VERY active last night: climbing her branch and re-arranging her hideboxes and water dish.
    Now she's curled up sleeping in her cool hide.

The key is PLANNING!! I didn't PLAN this pregnancy. She just did it on her own. It's not so much trouble as my own neurotic obsessive behaviour! Also, if I had planned on breeding her, I would have researched much much more before-hand (and probably decided not to do it at all!) :)
    I definitely would have made sure NOT to put her with any parasitized males, and planned it at a time when I had less stress in my life in general.
    As it is, I have to take it as it comes and learn as I go. Fortunately, the gestation is long and I've had lots of time to get things ready.

Anyway, you have lots of time before Tooya grows up and you can learn a lot from my mistakes!!! :D

3. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I'll have at least two years before I'll breed so I'm not real rushed about it yet. I have to purchase the female before I even think about breeding.:rolleyes: :D

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Gee Andrea, I thought I would come back from vacation to babies....This waiting is crazy. :p

5. BlackJack

STill waiting!

We're still waiting on babies... but as I said in my second journal blog entry: I quite possibly mis-calculated the POS. It may have been the 19th of March instead of the 11th of January.
    Anybody REALLY curious about my re-thinking process can read it all here and I'd welcome any comments:
    http://www.herpcenter.com/journal.php?do=showentry&e=116
    That would mean that tomorrow she'll be 4 months along and not over 6 months as I previously thought.

Anyway: I took her out for a feeding on Sunday evening: here she is (looking for more) after she swallowed up the tiny 38g rat. (It wasn't much bigger than her head.)
    I hope she's not just carrying slugs. What a disappointment that would be after such a long build up from me! :eek:

Here's the pretty girl now :)
    [​IMG]

6. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

Well I hope she's not just carrying slugs too! She likes to keep us waiting though doesn't she. lol

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Oh Andrea don't even talk like that! That WOULD make the wait unbearable.
    I am crossing all available body parts in hopes of a tankful of wriggling little rainbow worms!

8. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

I have to say....I witnessed breeding behaviour for at least 2 months with my boas....so you may be correct in assuming the time table...they may just practice for that long before anything really happens....

I also want to comment...its almost as bad as a human's first pregnancy....those last few months are a killer....dont worry Andrea...when the apples are ripe...they will fall......

9. DarkMagician207

awwww man!! i was hoping to hear there was finally babies! lol....the wait goes on... :p

10. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Yeah i was getting my hopes up too! she looks radiant like always!

11. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

still waiting for that post with 20+ pictures of baby rainbows everywhere. hang in there just a little bit longer Andrea :). Good luck

12. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Shes looking beautiful! Haha....this wait is killer!!

13. razzleberry

razzleberry Elite Member

any babies, yet?

14. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

Come on andrea can´t you talk to her and get her to pop already!!!

15. BlackJack

She's blue again

Ok maybe THIS one is the pre-birthing shed! :rolleyes:
    Who knows??? If you think you're anxious and eager, what do you think I'm going through here?!

[​IMG]

After this blue phase it usually takes her exactly 7 days to shed. So maybe maybe in a week or so...

16. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Haha shes SOOOO fat...hopefully this shed will be the one ;)!! :D

17. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

Stand back shes going to blow!!

18. DarkMagician207

wow! she's huge! hopefully we'll be seeing babies soon. :D

19. BlackJack

Considering the tiny rats she's been eating, it IS hard to believe how huge she is! I really hope she just has a few large babies instead of a lot of tiny ones.
    Aww heck, at this point, I'd be happy with anything. I want my snake back! I miss handling her!!

20. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

OOoooh, congrats on having her in blue. I hope she does pop!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.