This Disappears When Logged In

Talyn update continued

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by BlackJack, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Im sorry to hear that :( I hope the babies come out clean for you and treatment isnt tooo much of a pain for you. ((hugs)) BEST OF LUCKK!

2. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Sometime you feel like you are taking one step forward and two steps back. I hope everything works out for the best. Beautiful snake.

3. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I hope she gives birth to many healthy babies despite her infestation. Thank you for being so good to update us! We're all rooting for you and her.

4. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

My girl Zena took a rat 2 days before the birth....so dont go by whether or not she is feeding lol....good luck with the nematodes....Lyn

5. Queen 'O Green

Queen 'O Green Elite Member

Meep... Sounds very very very frusterating! And scary! I will pray that everything turns out alright! Ppppllleeeaassee continue to keep us updated!!!! Don't forget!

6. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks everyone! The anticipation/worry is just about going to kill me. Trust me ya'll: I will not keep the news to myself! You'll be among the first to know what comes of all this! :)

Lyn your comment was a HUGE RELIEF!! I've been unsure whether or not to keep offering Talyn food as I thought it might delay the birth. I've also worried about her eating in general, since all the books say they won't eat while gravid!

She's been pretty active at night, re-arranging her furniture. I took out the moss box to give her some more space and found her stretching from end to end of the terrarium last night (when I got up at 2am to check on her!.):rolleyes:
    How much longer can this go on???

7. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I hope not too long! I wanna see baby pics! :D

8. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Good! I thought I was the only nut who gets up at night to stare at my herps! ;)

I can't wait to see those baby pics! I hope everything comes out alright, and hopefully the vet gives you a group discount if you do have to treat all of your babies!

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

awwwww that really stinks!!! hope everything works out for you and the snakes! :)

10. BlackJack

Another pic -- still waiting

Well, Talyn's getting active again at night: moving all her furniture to the edges of the terrarium and climbing her branch:

[​IMG]

This Friday there's supposed to be some thunderstorms, so I hope she'll give birth then. (I've read that they often give birth during weather changes and storms... but again, Talyn doesn't read the same stuff I do!!!)
    She's now 5months 3days from her POS. I've read they can have a gestation of 4-8 months.... let's all hope she doesn't make us wait THAT long!!! :)

Thanks to all of you for your continued support!:D

11. mshrmheadcharge

:D shes soo purdy, and looking great! Maybe someone needs to inform her of the things you read...so she has a better idea of how shes not supposed to make her mama wait :D :D :D

12. DarkMagician207

man waiting is hard! lol. we're probably just about as insane from waiting as you! :D or at least close to it! hope something good happens soon!

13. BlackJack

I don't know... all this waiting is driving me nuts for sure! but it's always nice to have some company... even on the edge! :D :) (I even dreamt she gave birth last night -- to 13 medium-sized RATS! (?!?!) :eek: HELP!!!!!!!!

Still nothing this morning..................Friday- thunderstorm.........

14. DarkMagician207

hahahaha yikes! i hope she's not having rats!! though that would be an interesting event to see.:p hopefully soon... :)

15. Queen 'O Green

Queen 'O Green Elite Member

LoL... you should really call one of those late night talk shows where they tell you what your dreams mean. I would really like to know what they had to say about a rainbow boa giving birth to rats! :p

Keep hanging in there!

16. BlackJack

Talyn today

We're now 5 months and 8 days after her post ovulation shed...
    Here's how I found her this morning and she's stayed in this position all day. I found it unusual for several reasons: 1) she usually hides herself completely under one of her hide boxes, 2) she's almost completely rolled onto her side along most of her body. 3) she just looks especially HUGE to me.

I've started photographing and noting down all the things that seem odd to me, just in case they later turn out to be significant...
    What do you think?
    [​IMG]
    This is the part of her between the hidebox and the back wall:
    [​IMG]
    More thunder and lightning storms today and tomorrow... maybe maybe maybe soooooon????? ;)

Thanks for your continued patience and support!
    Andrea

17. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

I know shes a boa but doesn't it mean when pythons lay on there side they are getting ready to lay this could be true with boas?

18. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Good grief Andrea! You're making me crazy! :p
    Just put Talyn's side to your lips and talk to those babies and tell them to COME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

19. mshrmheadcharge

:-d yeah!!!! telll em like it is :p

20. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I'm almost dreading breeding BRBs with all the trouble you've been through. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.