This Disappears When Logged In

Talyn post-shed on the stair railing

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by BlackJack, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Here are some post-shed pics we took tonight of Talyn getting herself all knotted up on the stair railing! It took quite a while (and a lot of strength to get her untangled and back in her terrarium! :rolleyes:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Darn it Andrea..You make me want one everytime you show it to me, lol. Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!

3. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

She really is a beauty!! Have you ever seen the ones at zoo Basel?
    How long is Talyn now,and how old?Thanks!

4. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

LOL! That looks like a Scaffold knot =)

5. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I hope you know your sailors knots! LOL She's SO pretty! :D

6. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

love the pics. she's such a gorgeous snake. i love those types. :)

7. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Blackjack,

I have to agree, she is a very pretty snake. Nice job on "patching" her up!

Steve

8. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Oh my gosh, she's gorgeous! :)

How did you ever get her undone? Our corn snake, Spectre, went up my daughter's sleeve last night and hung on, and I thought we'd never get him out because he was so strong (and I was afraid to force much because I'm afraid of hurting him)... And he's nowhere as big or muscular as Talyn! I guess it's a good thing that so far I'm sticking to corns and one of the world's smallest pythons! If I think Spectre is strong (and he's not even full-grown!), I probably wouldn't survive a much larger snake! :eek: :rolleyes:

How much force can you safely apply to get a snake loose from whatever they're hanging onto? I'm always afraid to force much at all, and I end up having to wait for a long time for them to decide to let go... :eek: And somehow, just when you think you've got it loose, that tail whips out and wraps around something else! :p

9. BlackJack

Thanks everyone! Jacky: Talyn is about 175cm and 2.3kg. I've seen the ones at the zoo -- they have a very light yellow-orange colored one that looks strange. I'm probably biased, but I think Talyn is the most beautiful.
    Juliane: I was hoping she'd come down on her own, but she just got more and more tied up. I just worked her slowly-- tail first!-- loose. She tried to fight and latch on, I just held her tail end away from the stairs and worked her backwards back and forth through the railing. Eventually, she stretched out towards the barstool I'd set up nearby and I was able to guide the rest of her that way.
    Any excessive use of force and she just tightens up --- there would be NO WAY to get her off! So it' more of a gentle SLOW "guiding" in the direction I want her to go.
    Thanks Steve: the vet did a good job stitching her up, but Talyn deserves the credit for healing up so well!

10. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

very nice pics glad to see she better now after those nasty cuts wht were they from by the way?

11. BlackJack

she wrapped herself around the wire mesh protective lamp cage and crushed it, then caught herself on a metal spur and tore the skin off her side. It was horrible.
    I've since re-inforced the lamp cage and mounted it more securely so that she can't move it at all even if she squeezes it as hard as she can.

I still think that lamp cages are important as my vet said that the burns she would have gotten from wrapping around the CHE would have been worse than the cuts.

12. Amber

Amber Elite Member

Aw wow, shes just too pretty, if she gets much brighter, she may blind me :O

13. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

ABSOLUTELY!
    Cuts are surface damage. Thermal burns can go right to the core and severely damage internal organs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.